New Song: So Warm Tonight

So many years ago, when I was still in high school, I wrote this little ballad. It wasn't meant as anything particularly serious, but recently, when I unearthed some old demo, I thought it was nice enough, so I decided to tweak certain things a bit, and record it. Everything is me, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Here it is:

So Warm Tonight

Enjoy!

Reactions: PDP
Nice Job, kudos for trying the swing groove, very tricky.

I thought I heard some tempo drift in it ?

Any of those instruments real or is it all programmed ?

Nice Job, kudos for trying the swing groove, very tricky.

I thought I heard some tempo drift in it ?

Any of those instruments real or is it all programmed ?

Thanks, PDP. The instruments are, indeed, fake. I received the Komplete package from Native Instruments for Christmas, so most of the sounds came from that (Kontakt/Battery). In fact, another reason I pulled this old song out to record was as a test of the instruments, particularly the guitars. Hope it sounded somewhat convincing!

Hey, I really like this! I'm not familiar with swing, but parts of this reminded me of the Beatles. Interesting chord progressions, sometimes 60's esque, and the vocals sounded perfectly mixed and performed for this style to me. Even though the VST instruments were somewhat obvious at times, when they came around for the chorus they blended very well and filled out the mix very nicely with the sound you were probably going for. Well done considering those are fake instruments.

Chris

Back