New song,..... put your ears on it and let me have it!...Thanks

Ray J,

Some very nice guitar and vocal work on this one.

I like the vibe you are going for on this track. Nice mellow piece with lots of soul.:cool:

Lots of good clarity as well, in all the parts. It's a good mix that lets everything be heard clear and clean.

My only real qualms with the recording might have been your keyboard patch selections that sounded a little too synthesized and mechanical in the drums and clarinet but, we are HOME recorders here and make due with what we have to work with in our arsenals of instruments. So, I can't really fault you much for that.

Overall, I liked the track very much and was impressed with the clarity and composition of the song.

Nice job!:)

Really Nice! Sweet guitar work, Most excellent vocals. The mix is right on. Dude, you have some talent. Great song!

Wow, thats some very fluid guitar playing. The mix seemed like it was good to me. Everything was good...vocals seemed just a bit too dry...but thats a "personal preference", so, I think you did a fantastic job.

Ghost - thanks for listening, brother, and for the generous praise. The sound you're hearing is the flute voicing on my wonderful "yammy" keyboard. A fine piece of electronics it is!LOL

M Havlen- thanks, this song is really in the middle of my comfort zone as far as the kind of stuff I do well, therefore I can kind of give the illusion of competency in a piece like this.

jimistone - Thanks for listening. Good ear on the dry vocals. When I first began recording, I over did it with the vocal effects, (so I'm told). On this song, I probably needed the ambience and didn't use it. You're not the first to mention the dry vox to me regarding this song.

Digital S - Yeah, put your ear on that zydeco tune on my page. Just in time for mardi gras! I need to remix it but, there's enough there to curl your eyebrows!

Daenn - I knew I couldn't get that flute passed you guys but, I needed it for this tune. Thanks

smoove vibe....good vibe, I dig it. nice touch on the pickin. One string on the rythymn line kept gettin my attention. I could use jus a touch more bass and kick/snare. Vox is fine to me, jus not as roomy as the solo`d stuff.

Everything is clear - That's the most important thing as far as I'm concerned.

Everything after that is "art" and this is pretty cool. The only thing tugging at my ear is the snare sound... Seems a little out of place in this tune for some reason... Again, "art" - you know?

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Toki- yeah, a touch more bass is what I'm hearing from a few people who've heard it. Kick/snare? I'm a little paranoid about my drums as are a lot of guitar player turned one man band ers, I have a tendency to downplay them.

M Master - Thanks for listening. I have the hardest time choosing snare sounds and don't have the capability of changing them at will.

I dig it too. The mix sounds clean, and clean is good. I kinda dug the 80's synth sounds..I thought it fit the genre of the song quite well....campy bluesy shit. The synth sounds(and choice of notes) were actually comical in nature. Kinda like a leon redbone tuba part. One thing I am surprised about though. No one has mentioned a tuning problem between some of the instruments on this track. There is a tuning problem with one of the guitars. Hardly noticeable to some...bu to me....my spine moves man. I'll bet you recorded the guitars on different days. Only 1 gtr is out of tune and on only 1 or 2 strings...my guess is that your b string was flat. All in all man, it sounds good.

Firesole - Thnks for listening. I'm sure I did record the guitar on 2 different days. Never noticed the out of tune string with all the fatigue of mixing. Good ear.

Ray, great song and a nice mix. The guitar playing is sweet, great tone. What guitar rig are you using? As mentioned by others, I didn't care for the cheesy keyboard sound and a little verb on the vox wouldn't hurt. Overall, very nice and clear.

I commented on this on a different board but I think it bears repeating.
The combo of your vocals and that killer and classy guitar playing makes this well worth a listen.

Thanks for the listen RJ:D

Hevy D - Thanks, you rock dude

Yorgo- Thank you, thank you.....

grinder - Actually, I'm using my son's Squire Strat on this song. He had some new strings on his axe so I stole his guitar for a couple of hours. I'm putting it through a POD. Probably used the British Classic amp model on the POD with a bit of reverb, and a touch of compression, and I'm recording with Yamaha MD8 multitracker. Thanks for listening

Back