Thread: New song,..... put your ears on it and let me have it!...Thanks

Thanks

New song,..... put your ears on it and let me have it!...Thanks

Sign in to disable this ad
    Amitriptyline Swing, 1st song on my page

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/rayjohnsonmusic.htm

Thanks
    Ray J,

Some very nice guitar and vocal work on this one.

I like the vibe you are going for on this track. Nice mellow piece with lots of soul.

Lots of good clarity as well, in all the parts. It's a good mix that lets everything be heard clear and clean.

My only real qualms with the recording might have been your keyboard patch selections that sounded a little too synthesized and mechanical in the drums and clarinet but, we are HOME recorders here and make due with what we have to work with in our arsenals of instruments. So, I can't really fault you much for that.

Overall, I liked the track very much and was impressed with the clarity and composition of the song.

Nice job!

Thanks

Thumbs up

Really Nice! Sweet guitar work, Most excellent vocals. The mix is right on. Dude, you have some talent. Great song!

Thanks
    Wow, thats some very fluid guitar playing. The mix seemed like it was good to me. Everything was good...vocals seemed just a bit too dry...but thats a "personal preference", so, I think you did a fantastic job.
    I was country before they took the O out.

Thanks
    Very nice, that guitar work is awesome. I am heading back to Soundclick to hear some of your zydeco and blues...

Thanks
    This is great. I agree though, the synths seems a little cheesy, but not bad at all.

Thanks
    Ghost - thanks for listening, brother, and for the generous praise. The sound you're hearing is the flute voicing on my wonderful "yammy" keyboard. A fine piece of electronics it is!LOL

M Havlen- thanks, this song is really in the middle of my comfort zone as far as the kind of stuff I do well, therefore I can kind of give the illusion of competency in a piece like this.

jimistone - Thanks for listening. Good ear on the dry vocals. When I first began recording, I over did it with the vocal effects, (so I'm told). On this song, I probably needed the ambience and didn't use it. You're not the first to mention the dry vox to me regarding this song.

Digital S - Yeah, put your ear on that zydeco tune on my page. Just in time for mardi gras! I need to remix it but, there's enough there to curl your eyebrows!

Daenn - I knew I couldn't get that flute passed you guys but, I needed it for this tune. Thanks

Thanks
    smoove vibe....good vibe, I dig it. nice touch on the pickin. One string on the rythymn line kept gettin my attention. I could use jus a touch more bass and kick/snare. Vox is fine to me, jus not as roomy as the solo`d stuff.
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Chicago area, probably looking for more coffee.
    Thanks
    Everything is clear - That's the most important thing as far as I'm concerned.

Everything after that is "art" and this is pretty cool. The only thing tugging at my ear is the snare sound... Seems a little out of place in this tune for some reason... Again, "art" - you know?

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Thanks
    Toki- yeah, a touch more bass is what I'm hearing from a few people who've heard it. Kick/snare? I'm a little paranoid about my drums as are a lot of guitar player turned one man band ers, I have a tendency to downplay them.

M Master - Thanks for listening. I have the hardest time choosing snare sounds and don't have the capability of changing them at will.

Thread Information