Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New song - Push - something different!

Thanks

New song - Push - something different!

Sign in to disable this ad
    OK, here's a new track I just finished. It's something entirely different from my other songs for those of you who have heard them before. Let me know what you think.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7530075

Thanks
    ...anyone?

Thanks
    Not really my style of music, but I like the chorus a lot. Not sure what else I can say. Overall it does seem to be lacking in high-end... like maybe get some good tinny hi-hats in there... some breath in the synths during the chorus. Maybe?

I'm sorry... totally out of my element on this one.

Thanks
    Caught me off guard, too. Wasn't what I was expecting from you at all. But it does seem to be recorded well (is it all midi/electronic other than the vocal?).

I can't offer much in the way of mix advice because I am on my laptop and listening in cans, but it didn't make me turn it off after 30 seconds...
    Instead of a Do Not Disturb Sign, I need one that says "Already Disturbed. Proceed With Caution".

Thanks
    I like it! Very typical of the genre..polished...processed. It's very good. Nice recording.

What I'd do with it:

Shorten the intro cycle by half..

Add a thumping bass after the second cycle...a boost in the bottom to move bootie..and a 2&4 tight-assed snare BOOM: SCHNAPP!, BOOM: SCHNAPP!

Subdivide the time with a HH or some other HF 'clock'..to halve the time-feel ...mebbe when the boom boom on 4/4 begins:

:[1]push it push it, la la la la [2] I wan-na scootch yo bootie[1] push it push it, la la la la lah[2] y' know I want cho bod-day [1]:

becomes:
    :[1] push it push it [2] la la la lah [3] I wan-na [4]do yo bod-day [1]:

The time halving would be a nice lift off the runway. And a hip hop drum track it the thing to do it.

One other thing I'd try are a couple short feature spots where alla sudden, all the verb, delay and sweeps disappear...stark dryness...a surprise...then back to the groove: a little punctuation and interest-grabbing stuff.

The flow is kinda smooth all the time.....a few bumps on the road to jar the listener awake along the trail would be great. Folks dancing to this will have high blood/alcohal content.....y' can't let 'em fall asleep on the floor.

But I'm liking the modal grind, and the way you crafted the melody to outline changes over the pedaling modality. I can imagine this tune doing well. It's almost there. Nothing to detract or change..just some FX editing and a rythmic groove to add!

Thanks
    Wow, this is really different from you, Jon!
    Are you using Autotune on this? Sounds like a crazy effect on the voice, I would push it back a bit (....oops, pun), because your beautiful voice doesn't need an overload of effects, but that's just my opinion. Really interesting, considering it's your voice that's doing the melody and the rest is just sounds. I think it's a great dance tune and can imagine people in a club grooving to it. It's nice to hear you adapting your voice to different stuff.

Joey
    current CD "Angels Fall" available for download at:
    http://joeym.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    Great stuff, it sounds like Freddy Mercury doing a Techno song!
    It's different but it's really quite a cool tune.........I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions-it works well as it is.

Thanks
    Nice. not my bag but solid.
    I'd go with a throbbing bass pulse to make it dancier. Maybe it's there; I'm on my laptop and the speakers blow.

Nice job.
    Matty
    Peace, Love & Thanks!
    Very

Thanks

Your tune!

Wow dude, this is one cool tune, it kinda makes me think of Kanye West. I haven't heard any of your other songs, so I don't know what you normally sound like...........
    I was impressed, this song is right up there, totally new.
    I thought there were a few things that could have been tweeked, but those moments were gone fairly quickly......and considering this is an experimental track, then your results are excellent, and I think you have something here.
    Keep experimenting, its cool.......................barb

Thanks
    It's cool you're trying some new things. I'm a fan of your previous stuff and I like what you've got started here.

I think vox are compressed too much. I'm not a fan of the autotune being audible, but I understand that's a popular thing these days.

After the intro and the song is going, I've got the feeling that I'm waiting for more to come and don't quite get there. I think you should continue building up to a dynamic end. Adding more rhythm patterns, new instruments or beats. I remember hearing some advice from a long time ago that said, every measure in a song should bring something new.

I like what you've got here so far.
    peace.

Thread Information