Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New song in progress

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashway View Post
    Update posted, but Im afraid Ive totally ruined the song :P lol
    It took me a while to figure out that they were the same song. One was was entitled "Untold" the other "Thank You."

Thanks
    I think the fade at the end is a better way to go than the abrupt ending of the first version. You also seemed to focus the style of the piece to a singular style. It doesn't roll from disco to pop to light jazz anymore. And the words are intelligible with the vocal centered more and raised in the mix.

On the other hand, I think I like the backing vocal better on the first track. I'm not sure if you are using live vocals or some kind of harmonizer, but I liked the female sounding vocal. It's was a nice counterpoint, and it made sense given the lyrics as I interpreted them.

Thanks
    dwillis45 thanks again for commenting, sorry for the late answer, I read it yesterday and did something about it though, track has been updated yet again.. With better vocals I hope.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all Your comments, God bless you

Thanks
    dwillis45 thanks again for commenting, sorry for the late answer, I read it yesterday and did something about it though, track has been updated yet again.. With better vocals I hope.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all Your comments, God bless you
    I think it's really improved. After listening again, I only have two comments. The first is that the stereo mix might be tweaked with EQ, specially in the low end. It sounds a little muddy. I would guess that cutting one or two db around 150kz to 220hz might improve things. The bass sounds a little dominant, so perhaps that's the culprit. Maybe that can benefit from a little EQ rather than the entire low end. Again, I'm listening on Sennheiser HD 650s. Someone else might hear something different.

The other comment is just about the length of the fade. Just judging by ear, I would make it a little longer and a little more gradual.

Thanks
    Hi - great bass part/sound - but too dominant in the mix - from a general mix eq would like to hear more 1-3khz and some more top end air around 10+ khz.
    Vocals need to top of the ear interest - more level, compression 2khz lift.
    Try using a multiband limiter like the L3 that has an algorithm that basically changes the eq of the entire mix adding and taking away frequencies - this will give you an insight into how your mix differs from what the algorithm in the L3 or whatever thinks it should sound more like and then make adjustments to your mix accordingly

Thanks
    thanks again dwillis im having a short brake from the mix, Ill post it when its done!

---------- Update ----------

thanks airsculptor, I will try those tips, thanks again

Thanks
    thanks again dwillis im having a short brake from the mix, Ill post it when its done!
    I like to wait six months before considering a mix. By then, the ones you like will turn on you and the ones you hate might not be all that bad.

Thread Information