Thread: New Song Posted

Thanks

New Song Posted

Sign in to disable this ad
    I just finished mixing our new song called "Help Me".......on a Korg D-12.....any suggestions would be appreciated......
    thanks in advance......

If you would, critique away

http://www.nowhereradio.com/standin8count/singles

Thanks
    Lots of energy in this one. Some good guitar playing. Catchy chorus - like the way all the voices came in. A REAL LOUD mix.

The drums really punch throught don't they. They almost dominate the mix too much. I'd say that's especially so about the highhat. The toms blast through pretty hard too. Did you notice the tempo picks up about 10bpm when the drums first kick in to the song (at about :18)?

The guitars and vocals are filled with a lot of midrange energy. This makes things a bit hard on the ears.

Lots of echo and/or reverb on the vocals. I think that's good for a song like this - it works fine to a point. I'd say the effect is applied a bit hard. Maybe back of a little bit of it.

Trip....

Thanks

Wink

the drums are way too loud and seem to be panned left(including snare&kick?) + the Hihats are clipping; on the other hand the guitars are centered(mono effect) &without reverb in contrast to the cool vocals and the drums - I think doubling the guits and adding some pan would help - anyway, the song is really cool, worth of a remake.

cheers

Thanks
    Yeah the drums are way loud in the left speaker. The drums are wierd. I almost like the sound, distorted, crappy, phase problems all over the place. Be really, it sounds like a crappy kit miced with some crappy mics on a crappy mixer. Where is the kick? The cymbals are really thin and shrill. HOw are you micing the kit? The Vocals sound good, the delay gets a little much at times. The Guitar sounds good, but It's way too low in the mix. Fix it!
    -jhe

Thanks
    agree with the comments about the drums.. they are too loud, and the vocals are wwwwwwaaaaayyyyy too loud.. the delay is a bit much, but maybe just because the vocals are so loud in spots..

I like the song...

needs a remix..

badly..

Thread Information