New Song - "My Sunshine"

very good. The playing was consistent and gutiar sounded full. Vocal consistent and controlled well. The eq could be a bit more open on the top end for me to get more crisp in the guitar and vocal. Was that the side of the guitar you were playing, it didnt sound quite big enough for the back. I liked the tune very much. You could build a nice piece from right there.

What a cool little song. Your voice reminds of Evan Dando (Lemonheads). I thought the vocal was great all the way around.

Mix -

1. Toki nailed it...needs some top end or "air" or whatever the hell it is that opens it up some.

2. Mic the freakin lead, lol. Guit goes out of tune @ 22-25.

Liked it.

[edit] - after a couple more listens, I'm thinking you should fade the end quicker to kill that compression hiss.

Toki - Thanks for the comments, I hear you on the open feel, I always have a really hard time with crisp vocals

ch - I really hadn't noticed that in the end until you told me, I'll be taking it out. I thought no one would notice the out of tune part :)

Anyone else? C'mon guys, I'd rather have 10 negatives than nothing. :D

lynx said:

Anyone else? C'mon guys, I'd rather have 10 negatives than nothing. :D
Okay, you're a cocksocket too.!!!!

AND HAVE SOME STARS, B/C THEY MATTER!!!!

(yeah, we'll get this one going :D)

I really enjoyed the song. Well written lyrically I thought. Pretty good musically too. Good harmonies.

I thought the stutter-stops on the rhythm guit were fine in the intro, but were probably overdone.

Good call on needing more high end. I'll bet that little guitar riff part would sound much better with a high shelf EQ starting around 6K or so. The acoustic could use a little more presence I thought.

The vocals get covered up near the end of musical phrases. You might want to compress them and bring up the level a bit.

Good job. I really thought this was a good song.

Real nice song. I really like the guitar strumming and the vocal melody. I thought some of the lyrics were real nice, a few others a little forced (but they kind of fit the feel of the song). Overall very good.

Sonically, it was very mid heavy. More highs please! :)

Really just a good sweet love song.

Hey Lynx....... cool little diddy man.
Nice off the cuff inspirational tune man........... ya gotta love when they come together quick like that. I like that kinda warm acoustic tone on strummed tunes. The only suggestion i might make is to clean up the lows on the vocs just a little bit. A little more compression might do it for you, but if not, a little cut around 100-300 might thin em out enough to clear out that tiny bit of low end muddiness.....

very cool man!
g:)

charris - sounds like you were maybe hammered when you wrote that. Something I can relate to, I'm quite often feeling no pain when I'm on this site :D

A Troll - Thanks for number three, number one may be true but I brush everyday and have pack of TicTacs in my jacket pocket.

Melonhead - Thanks, I see a cowbell solo actually

ashulman - Thx, duely noted about the vox, I need to make them better.

3M - Thx for the props on the lyrics, I find your lyrics to be some of the best on this board so that was kind of flattering.

skids - Thanks for the comments.

Guernica - Thanks a lot man, seems to be the concession on the vocals, I find it so hard doing them. It's the balence of making it clear but not to crisp. Seems I went too far on one side here.

Last edited:
My initial reaction is the mix sounds muddy - particularly the guitar.

Needs some compression - especially the vocals, but could be used elsewhere too.

I like the occasional triangle. I think you should bring in the percussion earlier - maybe right from the start.

What no piano? C'mon, let's hear it!!

Fun tune.

BPOCO

Muddy. I know. It's getting muddier the more I listen to it

I've just decided that these tunes are now all demos and I'll record it in a real studio someday. :|

Back