new song "Lost in a Dream" with RAMI bombas$ drum trax

SnakeDog5050

2 headed snake witha rake
Hey everyone, a slower more serious (for me anyway) song I wrote with Rami's drum track. I went for kind of a dreamy feel with the guitar tones/effects. I was playing with my organ while writing this too, trying to fill the song up with kind of a quiet ambiance that grows with the music.

ANy comments, suggestions are very appreciated. Like anything I can do to improve the mix or so on?

Lost in a Dream

Snake, I feel this is one of the best so far!!! :D

Am listening more, will comment in bit.

Wow Snake, I really love this!!! Your vocals are great too!

Laid back-groovey-funk-rock-get-down-shit man!!

You have inspired me to play along with my geetar and DEmon Weeper pedal!! :D

Oh yeah, the organ adds just the right touch.....or is it just the right touch adds to the organ.!!! :eek: :confused: :D :D :D :D :D :D

the athmosphere in this song is just terrific.
really great, I would maybe do the lead work somewhat differently do it in an other scale, not all of it but some.

True is right on this being number one, because it defenitly rock man.

I really like the effects you aplied on this one.

suggestion on the start with the lead guitar try finding a cool tone or two and play some long singing tones instead, like some pink floyd stuff or something.
Big muff style. :D

great work snake, is your rooster still bustin rhymes :confused: :p ??

Ps I`m drunk :rolleyes:

true-eurt said:
Snake, I feel this is one of the best so far!!! :D

Am listening more, will comment in bit.

Wow Snake, I really love this!!! Your vocals are great too!

Laid back-groovey-funk-rock-get-down-shit man!!

You have inspired me to play along with my geetar and DEmon Weeper pedal!! :D

Oh yeah, the organ adds just the right touch.....or is it just the right touch adds to the organ.!!! :eek: :confused: :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks a bunch for the kind words True! I really thought I was able to get into the mood and put a lot of emotion into the playing on this one, and tried to match it with the vocals. Hehe, thanks about the vox too, it took me like 5 times as long to write the lyrics and get the vox part down then record all the music combined :o That's why I usually end up with instrumentals :D

Enjoy the play along, but be warned, this song starts with the darkest shi*t on guitar, the D MINER which even the weedwacker is petrified of ;)

Glad my organ is considered just the right fit too :D :D :p

Nakatira said:
the athmosphere in this song is just terrific.
really great, I would maybe do the lead work somewhat differently do it in an other scale, not all of it but some.

True is right on this being number one, because it defenitly rock man.

suggestion on the start with the lead guitar try finding a cool tone or two and play some long singing tones instead, like some pink floyd stuff or something.
Big muff style. :D

great work snake, is your rooster still bustin rhymes :confused: :p ??

Ps I`m drunk :rolleyes:

Hey thanks drunk Nak! (I'm on my way there... :D )
For the lead work I used the same scale, but tried to catch a slightly different emotion each time matching the lyrics. That's a good suggestion though to try a different one or maybe even a different mode at points. I'll give the floydy intro suggestion a shot when I get a new guitar, I'm not the happiest with the intro solo and my guitar is currently broken so I just stuck with it for now. Thanks man, good ideas. :)

My roo$ta is THE RHYME MACHINE! Are you trying to start a rap off?!?! :eek: :p

Thanks again man!

You bet ya bring it out, I`ll put a cap in ya roostas ass :D

and you flip mode in tha house :eek: ....

any way just ry those long soft distorted notesl, aply some dealy if you have to. :)

Nakatira said:
You bet ya bring it out, I`ll put a cap in ya roostas ass :D

and you flip mode in tha house :eek: ....

any way just ry those long soft distorted notesl, aply some dealy if you have to. :)

Roo$ta talking here...
"I gots ass armor
and I'll drop ya like all the other farmers
I dropped
with a single pop"

Nakatira said:

I had two rhythm guitars... one clean with vibrato, the other one with a light crunch and flange, the wah wah lead, some flange on the vox, and then my organ on the 70s rock preset to fill any holes ;)

SnakeDog5050 said:
I was playing with my organ while writing this

Well, then I have an excuse to do the same while I listen...Now if I can only think of an excuse for the other 8 times today.

RAMI said:
Well, then I have an excuse to do the same while I listen...Now if I can only think of an excuse for the other 8 times today.

Wicked :D :p :D :rolleyes: I have to change the batteries for my mouse :D

RAMI said:

Geeez Rami, you must be good at playing organ! Curious why we never hear it in your songs then, your organ can really fill up any holes ;) :eek: :D :cool:

Dude!!!!

Pretty cool song. I like the solos. Nice ending with the organ (no, I'm not gonna start with the organ jokes :p).

I couldn't hear the vocals clear and if I didn't see the lyrics, I wouldn't know what you were singing. So I'd request raised vox and less reverb on the vox. You got a pretty good voice, no use hiding it behind so much processing. :)

Man, great crunching sound in the beginning. I like how most solos end on almost a scream.

That's some pretty deep thoughts in the song, there. I didn't see the "dark" sound but I did hear something that I would attribute with time travelling (thinking back) so the "time machine" was represented in the song.

Keep rockin' man.

bigbubba said:
Dude!!!!

Pretty cool song. I like the solos. Nice ending with the organ (no, I'm not gonna start with the organ jokes :p).

I couldn't hear the vocals clear and if I didn't see the lyrics, I wouldn't know what you were singing. So I'd request raised vox and less reverb on the vox. You got a pretty good voice, no use hiding it behind so much processing. :)

Man, great crunching sound in the beginning. I like how most solos end on almost a scream.

That's some pretty deep thoughts in the song, there. I didn't see the "dark" sound but I did hear something that I would attribute with time travelling (thinking back) so the "time machine" was represented in the song.

Keep rockin' man.

Hey thanks Bubba for the listen and comments :)

Organ jokes, where? :p

Anyway, yeah I was kind of wondering if the vocals worked out. They're kind of tricky... I like the way the flange meshed with the "dreamy" instruments and sounded on my system, but it's not as clear on my headphones... then if I raise them it sounds off since I'm singing so soft often.... I'll figure something out. Anyone else have trouble hearing them?

Yeah I'm kidding about the dark sound, just joking about some guy named tha__bomb that came on here with his 1 chord he knew, the "D MINER" and claimed it was "the darkest shi*t on guitar" Right on about the story behind the song though... it's based on a story I'm writing, and I tried to capture that main theme in a short song.

Thanks again man ;)

Nice mood to this one. The vocals are a bit indistinct, they fit well though with the rest of the vibe. It's got a kind of a psychedelic chaotic aspect to it that I like. Cool stuff

Dogman said:
Cool tune man...nice playing. And I really dig the Bomb Ass dude on drums.... :D

Dogman, thanks dawg :D Glad you dig. Yeah that Bomb Ass dude was groovy and bomb ass to play along with. I'm starting to think I have too much control to mess with my drum tracks, so it was fun to work with something already done and with more structure.

Yeah and sorry those lyrics you helped me out with didn't end up here... just didn't fit when I tried singing... so after a few months I came back to this and tried the lryics from scratch again.

Cheers dawg :cool:

RAMI...I love the drums on this...probably my fave to date. Love the style on them...laid back rockin' beat with the kick ass rolls. :D :D :D

Love the Hi-Hat. :cool:

Love TRue :)

Bulls Hit said:
Nice mood to this one. The vocals are a bit indistinct, they fit well though with the rest of the vibe. It's got a kind of a psychedelic chaotic aspect to it that I like. Cool stuff

Thank you Mr. Bull$ hit ;) I agree about the vocals... I like how they fit the vibe soundwise... but at the same time am not sure how clear the lyrics are.... I'll keep messing with it.

That's kind of what I was thinking, like the "lost in a dream" part in the middle, I tried to make the music go a little "psychedelic chaotic"... almost like a 70s nightmare or something.

Cheers man :cool:

SnakeDog5050 said:
Thanks a bunch for the kind words True! I really thought I was able to get into the mood and put a lot of emotion into the playing on this one, and tried to match it with the vocals. Hehe, thanks about the vox too, it took me like 5 times as long to write the lyrics and get the vox part down then record all the music combined :o That's why I usually end up with instrumentals :D

Enjoy the play along, but be warned, this song starts with the darkest shi*t on guitar, the D MINER which even the weedwacker is petrified of ;)

Glad my organ is considered just the right fit too :D :D :p
D minor? No wonder my shit sounds so weird!!! :eek: I took to it like a Shark in water. :D

This sharky ain't scared of no Weed Whacker!! :mad:

*looking over my fin as I swoooooosh away* :eek: :eek: :eek:

true-eurt said:
D minor? No wonder my shit sounds so weird!!! :eek: I took to it like a Shark in water. :D

This sharky ain't scared of no Weed Whacker!! :mad:

hmmmm..... unless there was some small message at the bottom of your post in size 1 font that I didn't see, I don't believe you because as you may recall The Weedwacker even chased Satan off!!! Whoa :eek:

Hehe, in case you want the chords from the snake people... most the song is Dm C G it switches up here and there to G Bb C G

true-eurt said:
RAMI...I love the drums on this...probably my fave to date. Love the style on them...laid back rockin' beat with the kick ass rolls. :D :D :D

Love the Hi-Hat. :cool:

Love TRue :)

I agree... Rami rocks, Rami style! :cool:

Hey Rami, how do those hi-hats sound to you now? All I did from that demo I sent you was cut everything above 15kHz, not sure if it did the job yet.. :confused:

Back