new song - industrial-esque - please help

Sounds like that lead guitar could cut through the mix more and generally have more presence as that seems to be what directs the song. What all did you use to record this?

I really like what you're doing around the 1:00 mark.

The main problem with this is the vocal is totally buried in the mix, almost throughout. I think it's a combination of volume plus the effect you have on this, I'd try another effect.

Very creative song, it would be worth it.

Rhythmschism - yeah i can agree with that , it shouldn't be too hard to retrack that or just add another guitar with more presence. Im using sonar 2 , reason 2.5 and a kurzweil kme61 for anything drum or synth related . Boss gt-6 and pod xt for guitars . Marshall v77 is my only mic short of a sm57 .. all just straight into the delta 66 omni studio . really need to pick up some outboard gear but it took me almost 3 years to get this much heh

lynx - thanks alot , yeah i think i might need to retrack the vocals i think i was a bit too close to the mic, got a lot of proximity on it. No matter how much i cut in the low end it sounded wrong on my monitors at least , but yeah that chorus effect might have something to do with it ill play with that first

thanks alot guys i really appreciate the advice , means alot
ill get to work on those right away

take care
gary

Back