new song from Ice-Climbers - Metal Gear

bastupungen

Hello friends!
I am a young and unexperienced audio engineer with 10-15 recording sessions. All my recordings are made as close to 0$ budgets as possible. I try to borrow or use as much of my own stuff as possible.

I have recorded my own band which is a little unusual type of band. We make our own versions of nintendo 8-bit songs. We just now did a version of the old game metal gear, first game in a long series of games, even currently running.

We used:
Gibson guitar with JJLabs guitar speaker and Metalzone Distpedal recorded with dual NT-5 microphones.
Fender Bass with old 15" bass speaker. Picked up by a NT2(distant, for depth and rounded sound) and SM58(close, for thumb)
DKFH 2 digital Drumkit

recorded with crappy Mac Laptop and extreme stable and nice Firebox, recommended. Software: Cubase (mostly waves plugins)

We are pretty pleased with this version of the song. The solo is not great but its ok and we were out of time. I hope to hear some positive comments and tips about what I can do better next time. Also I accept harsh comments. I know I have a long way to go before I get to your standards but I hope I can learn some from you by posting this. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Great work! Even though I haven't played the first metal gear, only from the one for psx above, and they f*cking rule!
What other versions have you recorded?
Some zelda or mario maybe? :)

Pd: I also have the Nt5 but I haven't tried them in cabs, I will as soon as I can.

Great work! Even though I haven't played the first metal gear, only from the one for psx above, and they f*cking rule!
What other versions have you recorded?
Some zelda or mario maybe? :)

Pd: I also have the Nt5 but I haven't tried them in cabs, I will as soon as I can.

We have done a version of castlevania that is.. well.. I think not as good as this metal gear version but still ok, i guess. If you want to hear that version here is a link.

No Zelda or Mario yet but we are planning a version of SMB2 during the next month

Back