new song - forget it

gbav

Got a new song up i wrote/tracked today . Just looking for any mix help i can get. I kinda semi mixed this one as i went along, probably some things i've missed. All comments welcome. Is some cursing towards the end ...in case you got your lil ones around.

Songs called: forget it
up at
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=412087&songID=5752246

Been having to travel alot for work so i'm going ot go back a few pages see what i've missed.

Thanks so much in advance

Take care

Gary

Pretty cool man...very raw sounding. Did you try any verb on those really dry drums, to see how it sounded? That's the only thought I have as to what I might try different...the rest is cool...interesting vibe, and killer sounds. Love the vocals...they really drive this. :cool:

Hey Gary, Gotta agree with Dogman, vocals are dynamite! They make the whole song just come alive. That bass is different - very tight and yet wide - I like it.... No nits - great stuff! :D:):D:)

Wow!!

This is a really original sounding song.

I think the drums could be a little more prominent.

Great job. I wish I could write songs like this.

Got a new song up i wrote/tracked today . Just looking for any mix help i can get. I kinda semi mixed this one as i went along, probably some things i've missed. All comments welcome. Is some cursing towards the end ...in case you got your lil ones around.

Songs called: forget it
up at
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=412087&songID=5752246

Been having to travel alot for work so i'm going ot go back a few pages see what i've missed.

Thanks so much in advance

Take care

Gary

hi,

really tight and sounding really good. i love the guitar work. these are what i think should be improved.

(1) the hi hat thing kind of annoy me, i dunno why... it stands out too much (maybe pan it closer to the middle instead of the left), or maybe its kind of ruining the rhythm for me... im not sure how to describe it because im not a drummer... i would really like to know how to lay good drum tracks too.

(2) most of the singing is really good, i really love the way you sing the song. but i think in parts i feel it's a little mumbled - like in the verse starting at about 2:00... also the harmony in the chorus... but i think the vocal track actually fits really well into the overall mix.

Thanks so much guys, sorry about taking so long to respond.

Dogman - Reverbs not a bad idea, I always kind of shy away from that cause when i was starting out it seemed i drenched drums in reverb to try and cover up the sound. Should give it a try again with a little experience under my belt see how it goes. THanks a ton for listening man.

Idol/Gerry - Thanks so much man. Still weird hearing stuff about my vocals i don't think i'll ever consider myself a vocalist/singer.

GregL - Thanks so much for listening

Supercreep - Thanks so much for listening. Means alot, i'm a fan of your bands stuff.

Sandwhiches - Nice ears, i agree completely. It's exactly what i'm going to redo/work on tonight. Thanks so much for listening man.

take care and thanks again

sorry about the late bump

gary

Sounds rockin'. :) Production sounds pretty cool.

The strings sounds super.

The drums and the bass sound cool also.

Very good, catchy tune.

Back