New song concept, popish

Halion

After have spend a while posting on these boards, mainly giving and recieving help with home recording, I think it's time I let hear some of my stuff. I made this concept a few weeks ago. My goal is a to make something that will fit into the charthits of today. Think Natasha Beddingfield, Nelly Furtado etc. Sugar pop but not of the sweetest kind.

Feedback on both the mix and the composition is welcome. Just a few things I should mention:
Most miked tracks (mainly guitar) are rough. Timing might be slightly off and the sound could be better.
Hihat track is a standard LM7 that came with Cubase, just because it was the easiest thing I could find.
Strings are actually vocals, but I have yet to invite a singer to do them for me. Image them on the female voice, and ofcourse with lyrics.

I like the dry snare.

The song sounds a bit 'carefull',,, maybe bring up the guitars a bit for more of livefeel?

And eh, get this girl to do the vocaltrack!

yeah man i realy dig that song, for a pop song anyway.
got just the right amnount of stuf going on to be interesting but not overwhelming.
the only problem i have with it that it finishes just when your realy getting into it, you have a good song there but wiht a little bit more at the end it could be excellent.
a good bit of composition.

that guitar part sounded rather labor intensive, in light of the counter point to the snare.

The vibe of the song said to me.."Hey im gay, but im one smart gay guy".

J/K :D

Really though, nice work Halion, you always have the quality.

-Finster

Thanks all! I have to make a pop song for school (I study music production) so weither I want to or not, I have to finish it! Heheheh. I do like it too though.

Back