New Song called CROSSEYED

yorgo

https://soundcloud.com/fernando-t-5/crosseyed-basic-master (deleted)

https://soundcloud.com/fernando-t-5/crosseyed-basic-new (deleted)

Hey guys I got a new song here, but I`m still working on the mix. I have 2 mixes, just not sure which is better. Both have pros and cons. Which should I concentrate on and what needs fine tuning is the question.
Its a fun simple yet I hope catchy song that I want to make a video for. Thanks!!!!!

Updated mix:

https://soundcloud.com/fernando-t-5/crosseyed-basic-master-3

Last edited:
2nd mix: Vocals are out of whack. Backups too loud, lead to weak.
1st mix: Different mud in different areas. During the chopping part around 450 Hz. The heavy floor tom adds a mud ~220. At the end when the solo guitar starts, 600-800? Maybe higher.
Like the song. Really well written. Good vibe. Guitar line is familiar, yet not...just like pop music does. :)

2nd mix: Vocals are out of whack. Backups too loud, lead to weak.
1st mix: Different mud in different areas. During the chopping part around 450 Hz. The heavy floor tom adds a mud ~220. At the end when the solo guitar starts, 600-800? Maybe higher.
Like the song. Really well written. Good vibe. Guitar line is familiar, yet not...just like pop music does. :)

Broken Thanks for the kind words....and suggestions. I'm going to work with 1st mix then...I found the mud on the toms its actually 130hz....really bad. never would have thought to even look until you suggested.
Ok the chugging part on the guitar I found again a nasty worrble at 130...took a few db out. also throughout the whole guitar I took out at 580hz a few db like you said it was there as well.
The main guitar solo you said was weak...what do yu suggest...a different lead all together? A different guitar sound? I was trying to play something for me....outro solo more me a mix of speed and melody? I'm open to suggestion. Thanks again

Still, weak as in quiet, not weak as performance. Just turn 'em up a bit. Vocal balance in the 2nd mix was good.

I agree that the guitars are getting in the way of the vocal a little bit. I think all you have to do is turn them down a bit.

I don't hear a big difference in the two mixes. Mix #2 seemed a bit louder and maybe a little fuller.

Both mixes have really swishy cymbals. It's probably SC screwing them up.

The snare is a bit weak and wimpy. This song needs strong drums.

The bass is a little rumbly and indistinct.

Good lead guitar tone.

A bit too much reverb for my tastes. A bit too 80's.

I'm being a little too critical. Song sounds nice and has great energy and musicianship. The thing you did at the end with the quick stop was cool.

Broken..... I understand now.... Will do. I'll post an updated version on Saturday.Thanks.

Triple..
Not to critical at all. Some good suggestions. I thought the same about the cymbals and put a high pass on the over heads... Just take out a little of the harshness out. I wondering about the snare but I hope when I clean some of the other stuff up, the snare will come out a bit more, and yes I'm going to back off on the reverb... Just a bit. Lol.

Great help from both of you.. thank you

Yeah! Way much better.
But now...The lead is weak (guitar volume):laughings:
I can't believe that happened, but I love irony. :)

Listening to the updated mix.

Not bad. The arrangement and chord progression are very poppy. At first I thought the bass might be a little boomy in the first verse, but then listened again and I don't think so. Maybe one bass note sticks out a hair @ around 0:32-0:33.

As mentioned by someone else @ 1:50 when the solo comes in, it seems like the track loses energy. It might be good for dynamics (having a quieter part), though.

thanks for listening, but it is too low....no idea why? It really shouldn't be.

Yes poppy song is what I was going for. hope it stays in your head type.

I like the song. As others have said, the drums seem too much in the background. The outro guitar solo should seems too low in the mix.

Back