A new song

Drums are a bit loud...tame them some, as the guitars are hidden a bit by them. Vocals seem fine, and I don't hear any cold really affecting them. Drop the drums a few db an dsee how things sit.

As far as teh song itself, seems pretty good...nice rhythm, and teh overall composition is fun. You've got some nice sounds happening, just needs a bit of tweaking. The snare seems to be the main culprit as far as volume. I don't hear the cymbals as much, and the kick may not be too loud...not sure about it.

Fun tune though...tame a few wild sounds, and I'll gladly listen again...:D

Drums are a bit loud...tame them some, as the guitars are hidden a bit by them. Vocals seem fine, and I don't hear any cold really affecting them. Drop the drums a few db an dsee how things sit.

As far as teh song itself, seems pretty good...nice rhythm, and teh overall composition is fun. You've got some nice sounds happening, just needs a bit of tweaking. The snare seems to be the main culprit as far as volume. I don't hear the cymbals as much, and the kick may not be too loud...not sure about it.

Fun tune though...tame a few wild sounds, and I'll gladly listen again...:D
Thanks for the comments Dog....I'll do a little rework and post in a day or two:D

Hey J.

Cool Song! Bass guitar is a bit buried. That's a huge drum sound you have. The snare is real big. Maybe a bit too big for parts of the song.
There's something about this song that I can't put my finger on.
I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's just the bass. Only other thing I can come up with is that maybe it needs to be a bit more dynamic, softer in the soft parts like the begining.
I don't know. Would like a bit more bass guit though.

Sounding good man.

I've got to get me in a listen to old man howard now;)

F.S.

Yeah those drums are way too loud. It's like all drums and vocals and every now and then some guitar comes through. Drop the drums and vox down some so the rest can come out.

Sounding good. I assume I am hearing the remix...

I like the lyrics and not a hint of congestion in your voice :). Very tight performance. The lead guitar sounds oddly processed to me when you are playing lower notes, but the effect really works well when you run up to higher notes...a cool squeal...

Nice job man.

This song's characters are a compilation of people I know that served in Nam....I already know that the vocals suck(I gotta cold) I would like some feedback on the mix, composition, and your overall feelings about the song.....thanks in advance......Jpw23:D
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=412155&songID=5826003

Wow - What a great story jpw, really stirs a few emotions as you sing/tell it. Have I heard this before? It's a subject that many of us can identify with in one way or another. I think the power of the story was may favorite part of this one.

I like where the keys/lead come in - it brings the whole mix/feeling up a notch - cool. Drums aren't popping out in this mix. I could hear this on the radio....great job!

:):D:):D

Thanks for the listen guys.....gonna go back and re-mix again and fix a few things.....its amazing what you hear when you are sober:rolleyes::D

I didn't hear the first mix, so I'm assuming you've worked it all out. The drums aren't too loud in this one, as far as I can hear. The main thing is the story in this song, and your voice comes through just fine. Great tune, Jay. Very touching. I like the breaks in this, between the verses. I was on a Gordon Lightfoot kik this week end, so it's perfect timing to make me listen to a story-telling tune. I love this, man.

Back