new slower song - "falling out"

gbav

Got a new song up I'm looking for help on. Wanted to finish this before giving a try at that mix contest thing going on. This is a first mix looking to get some mix direction/help as usual. There is a curse in the second verse that's kinda soloed out so if kids are around or what not, ya know. Guitar solo I think needs to be worked on for sure. Thanks a lot in advance.

Songs called "falling out" up at
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=412087&songID=4622874

thanks again

take care
gary

The vocals seem a too loud for the style during the verses.
The chorus is almost fine though just a smidge loud.
Is the bass panned a little? It seems to pull the mix over. Centring it & giving it a little definition would be good.
Yeah, lower the vocals.
It must be my ears - the guitar solo seems to be leaning like the bass.
In terms of the solo, the playing is good but the tone, whilst very nice & with some actual guitar sound in it is a little too polite for the rest of the mix. Could you nasty it up - I don't mean through on a DM digital distortion but well, something.
Good song & good work so far.

Nice beat...drums sound pretty good. Bass sits pretty well....might be able to bring it up a notch or 2, but that is just a personal preference thingy. Nice synth and guitar sounds. Good, and dirty vibe. I like the slower pattern... :D

I like the effects on the vocals, but it does make them hard to understand. Maybe if you can make the trails, or whatever you wish to call them, a bit quieter, so teh main words are a bit more clear? :confused:

Cool tune man...I think it will finish up really nicely. :cool:

I agree with what everyone else said. The vocals mess this song up. The style is good, but theyre just too 'wet' - even for this. everything else seems to sound okay. I'd personally like a slightly cleaner lead tone, but thats personal taste. Overall good song, and not nearly as bad as I had originally thought it would be considering its labeled as 'goth rock'. :p

I like the vocals myself - great tone - but more clarity wouldn't be bad. I like everything actually except the drums, which are kind of artificial compared to the other aspects of the song.

Tim

I'm going to say I like the vocal level but the foldback? or tails? Dogman said are a bit too prolonged. Good guitar tones selected. Cool harmonies towards the end. So this is Goth Rock..... I like it - you do it well.....

:) :D :) :D

Man this is pretty freaky, the effects are really cool. The drum sound actually fits right in with your other tunes. The vocal effect sounds cool, but like all of the above said it's hard to understand. Maybe not as much of that effect. Bass and mix sounds cool to my ears and the song has a dreamy freaky feel, I like it :cool: :cool:

Thanks so much guys, uploading a new version now at the same link.. tryed to do as said. Killed some of the delay on the vocals, lowered the vocals, upped the bass and i put another half assed guitar solo in with a new tone to see if that kind of stood out some.

RayC thanks so much for the advice, very helpful. Ya know i thought i was crazy thinking it sounded kind of leaned to the right myself so i tryed to look into that. Also the guitar solo tone i went for something less effected a bit more "raw" to see if it fit in. Thanks again for the comments, again very helpful.

Rick Sheppard - Yeah i get what you're saying for sure, trying to work on it. Thanks so much for the listen

Dog. Thanks for the listen. Tryed to up the bass and kill the effected vox a bit. Hoping i got it a little closer.

GregL Thanks alot for the listen. I did try a cleaner lead tone but still not sure exactly on an actual lead. I'm positively awful with those. I'm just winging it for now.

Tim - Yeah i use alot of those style drums it seems, i will certaily try and tweak/change samples to see if i can maybe give them a better feel.

Idol. Thanks so much for the listen. On the goth rock thing i saw that mentioned once or twice. Im so far from goth it's not funny . That being said on soundclick i seem to get some nasty messages for putting songs in the wrong category (what i presumed to be right obviously) and the goth kids seem to just leave me be. I've heard everything from "not electronic enough to be industrial" to "not heavy enough to be metal" so i decided i was goth rock :)

Snake - Thanks man, yeah again I agree with the vox and am hoping i fixed it somewhat. Yeah i see what you mean by dreamy feel i kind of wanted to space it out a little and try something new.

take care

gary

Man I love the progressions on this. Real cool guitar sounds too. That snare is like a gunshot. I guess i'd like the vocals a tad clearer too, but the song is so good I can live with them as they are.

I always enjoy hearing your stuff here gary. Your sense of melody, noise and rythym consistently appeals to me

Dude, post some lyrics with your songs. :confused:

Cool tune. :) Really nice FX on the drums and the guitars and the synths. What is that? ReBirth or something? I say ReBirth 'coz you mentioned it before.

So this is amplitube also?

Pretty cool tune. Vocals could use a little more clarity but for the most part I understand the words. I guess I've heard enough goth back in the day.

Dude, those tones are killing. Especially the solo rocks.

So do you double the rhythm and the solo with second takes or just use FX to make them sound bigger. I'm curious how you get such a full tone on those.

posted the lyrics to the soundclick site, still working on the mix. especially the vocals.

BullsHit thanks so much. Yeah im struggling with all my vox since i got a new soundcard, seems my mic works on anyone i use it on but me. Thanks again for the nice words, I certainly dig what you do as well and am looking forward to hearing more. If dogs ever busy and your desperate i'll destroy something for ya

Bigbubba - Yeah it's reason. I basically just use it for samples and drums and thats about it. Everything else synth wise i try to play it out on a keyboard. Yeah i double the rhythm (one panned 45 or so left the other right). Lead wise I don't have the chops to double, i'd like to but i'm not that tight guitar wise. On the leads i always use amplitube then a plug in i bought awhile ago called predatohm to add extra bite on it. Hope that helps

take care guys
gary

Back