New Rock Mix

o0Charlie0o

Let me know what you think. I thought it was sounding good, but some people are dissagreeing, so any thoughts would be apprecieated.

i like the guitar sound, it's pretty thick. Drums sound a little odd to me. Well, just the tom hits.. like he's playing in a small box.

It definitely doesn't sound bad, but it feels a little flat. I think it would be cool if the vocals after the first part of the chorus were screamed. Because he's singing all high and wimpy - which is cool for the song - then I want to hear him scream. Hehe

Cool bass guitar opening, but the level is too low, bring it up a tad.

nice gtr playing - tight!

The bass line seems to disappear at points - not quite sure on this - it may be obscured by the gtr line, or may need to be brought up.

The backup vox seem to be too quite as well.

Maybe add compression on the bass line then?

I had the backups up higher, then turned them down... Guess i'll turn them back up again.

Btw, if by bass guitar opening you mean the very first thing of the song... That would be guitar. And its funny you say you think the drummer is playing in a small box, cause he is.

o0Charlie0o said:
Maybe add compression on the bass line then?

I had the backups up higher, then turned them down... Guess i'll turn them back up again.

I don't know whether compression is the answer; my thoughts are that compression would only be helpful if the bass level was fluctuating all over the place. If your bass player is fairly consistent, just bring up the volume a little.

Actually see we built a 8x8x8 foot sound booth in the house, its lined with 1/2 inch MDF wood with a sound barrier vinyl in between all of it, and then blankets all on the inside. Just so the neighbors don't complain.

That's great. I love makeshift improvisations. I life in the second floor of a house turned to apartments. The best I have been able to do is put padding under my guitar amp and cover it with a comforter haha.

I would say maybe a little more reverb would help with the box sound, but that might over do it. Maybe compression too.

Back