New recordings! Tell me why they suck.

TheCoroner

Hello, my younger brother and I, just finished recording some tracks for an upcoming split ep my band is doing with another band called ThroatKick from Prince George British Columbia.

Anyway, I know myspace sucks balls for their players but it is all I got. I feel our recordings have gotten better and if anybody was interested in having a listen and letting me know where we still suck hard would be greatly appreciated.

Also, drums have always been hard for us but we tried some new shit mostly from reading this site so the drums critique would be really nice and on the playing too, because we fired our own drummer and where we live it is impossible to find a drummer to fit our styles so I switched to drums 2 months ago. Any critique on the actual drum playing will be welcome cause I know I still suck but hey, I am taking it seriously and practicing hard starting with the basics, anyway, let me know what you think!

here is the link www.myspace.com/thehornycoroners

the songs are called I hate People, Ray charles was faking it, and Protest Song!!

Myspace is banned on the network where my computer currently resides (and most typical work environments, where some of us may be reading this during the day ;) ). Maybe throw up a MP3 somewhere and give a direct link? That would make it a bit easier for people to receive your music. :)

Myspace is banned on the network where my computer currently resides (and most typical work environments, where some of us may be reading this during the day ;) ). Maybe throw up a MP3 somewhere and give a direct link? That would make it a bit easier for people to receive your music. :)

Me too. Lightningmp3.com is sweet - nobody knows the stuff is there except for those you give a link to - or soundclick.com. Those two are probably the most commonly used sites, and generally aren't blocked by employers.

lightning mp3 or Soundclick - the latter is well set up & the compression isn't too bad & has the advantage of counting plays etc in the same way mspace does BUT it sounds better - is set up for musicians and whislt it can be busy sometimes, isn't as bogged down in traffic as mspace. Lightning is very, very good as well being, I believe, specifically designed to do waht it does & for whom it does it.

They suck because the drums sound like hammered ass. Tell your drummer to put a ring or moongel on that snare.

I listened to I Hate People

Greg is a connoisseur when it comes to drums :D so heed his advice..... The whole mix is quite good. It's well balanced and bright and clear. The performance is good too, and fits nicely in the genre. The drumming is surprisingly solid for such a limited time playing - good work. Best of luck with your ep sales and shows! :D

I listened to I Hate People

Greg is a connoisseur when it comes to drums :D so heed his advice..... The whole mix is quite good. It's well balanced and bright and clear. The performance is good too, and fits nicely in the genre. The drumming is surprisingly solid for such a limited time playing - good work. Best of luck with your ep sales and shows! :D

Thanks for the kind words, I am still trying to get my drums to sound how I want them.

Im going to find another place to post my songs as well.

Back