New Recording using the GT66, and the boss GT-6. Pop Rockish Funk Bluseish

Telefunken

GUITARDAZE
Ok here is what we did, I have friend who is trying to finish and album he is working on. So he came over with just his gt66 mic and his voice. He basicly wrote the tune and sang it, then I played the guitars, bass, and drums recorded it and mixed it.

1. The mic is a tube mic and pluged into a Joemeek VC1Q then directly into a roland VS-1880. He sang the vocals from a walk-in closet treated with books. He did three vocal parts, a lead, and two harmoy vocals that were doubled.

2 The guitar is fender strat into a boss gt-6, and digital out, to digital in directly to the roland.

3. Bass, a squire bass throught the Jomeek, with lots of compression.

4. Drums are samples taken from my keyboard and fed into the Roland through my Mackie board. At the very end of the song I have both samples playing over top eachother, and it sounds pretty cool.

This was originaly going to be and acoustic tune, but once we got going, we decided it was better as a Pop Rock song. So here it is. Enjoy, it's called Just Believe.

"Just Believe"

http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Rich_Bischoff/index-1.html

Rich
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You may have the best gear, but do you have the best ear? or something like that.

nice sound! very clean, good production! i like the way the chorus hook pops out at you.

good vocal sound, well mixed harmonies.

all in all, nothing but good things come from this feel good song.

geez, now i'm all happy and stuff.... :)

Very nicely crafted song, and good performances. I loved that vocal sound you got there, but I thought the vocal was mixed a little too loud compared to the guitar during the verses.

Twist

Thnanks for the feed back guys, The only thing I don't like about this tune, is that I retracked some guitars at the end of the song that sound really thin. I wasn't useing the same guitar and I was useing a differnt setting. Other than that, I think the mix is pretty good.

agree with twist about the vocal level.. made me have to lower it because it sounded a bit hot in some spots.. a few of the vocal harmonies were not as tight as they could be.. other than that it sounded good!

Fellow Utarn...

Very clean recording... nice drum sounds... good, full-bodied vocals... maybe
mixed a touch too loud? They could come down on avg. about 1db IMO and make
the mix smoother... without losing anything...

The clean rhy. guitar could come up a hair...

Nice BGVs... bass is a bit lite... needs about 2db more fat-end on it...
or possibly some smooth compression a/la Timeworks or UAD-1 plugs (if ya
got 'em)...

when the mix gets heavy, I'm hearing a mild hump (buildup) between 800-1000Hz...
prime real estate... you may be able to borrow away from the gtr/snare/bgv's and let
the main voc have a bigger piece (EQ) ... but don't bump the fader for that...

Nice song... good pop

Chad

most everything Id say is covered. First thing I notice is that it seems right side heavy till the chorus, after that the additional instruments balance it out better. The mix sounds like its right on the edge of going into clipland, maybe a tad too hot. Nice song, performance, and arrangement.

Yep....vocals are too loud....especially when all the parts come in.....and I like loud vocals.
The rest of it is quite nice.....good drum sound....good bass sound......guitar sounds good, might be just the tiniest bit too dirty but that's a matter of taste.
Nice work

Vocals are just a little bit too up front.Nice harmony vocals.....the bass guitar isnt cutting through the mix to my ears.Pretty decent recording and mix.

Good tune.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips guys. I agree with the vocals being to loud, but that is how this guy likes his vocal to sound. I am going to be doing a remix tonight of the tune and will probably ask him if we should bring the vocal down a bit.

participant, what part of utah are you from?

Rich

Back