New Project/Songs - Indie

chelmreich

I have begun a new project (hopefully a new "album") and have two demo's up on my new website. (The entire website is two demos and an over photoshopped "cross processed" photo right now...)

I did an album (CD) about ten years ago in college, but it was done under a psudonym. These two songs are the first two I have written and recorded for publication under my own name. The songwriting (and the music to some extent) is a wee bit dark and moody... albeit quit a bit more honest than when I recorded under an assumed name.

www.craighelmreich.com

I would love to hear what people think about the songs. All constructive criticism appreciated.

Craig

its good, the only thing is that the vocals are a bit un-sung, put your 4 stomach.....wait thats a cow, ok, well it sounds good anyways-for 2 lungs that is. better then my band stuff!

I clicked the link and BAM! :eek: There you were. Not much of a model.

Unhappiness - Boring. Some may like it.

Why - Boring. I fell asleep.

Get some singing lessons.:D

"unhappiness"......boring, agreed. not trying to kick u man, it just sounds like your not really feeling what your saying........like you're thinking about what you're going to say and how it's going to sound. get to that place where thought does'nt exist.

"why" is just the opposite, up to about 3 minutes anyway. sounds like you mean it. my guess is that the lyrics are very simple and you don't really have to think about it too much. i don't know if you agree, but for me the brain tends to get in the way of the heart.

also, everything is boomy through my monitors.

just my thoughts, don't take any of it too seriously.

Thanks for the input

Thanks for the input everyone.

I am planning on re-recording these tunes (and others) once I have all the material/ideas I am working on down on tape/hard disk...

Craig

unhappiness - if the slightly off key, disaffected thing is what you were going for, then you nailed it. sounds like you were tired and possibly medicated as well. seems well recorded, but the lead thing seems like it may not belong.

why - seems adequately recorded, but it does not really do anything for me.
something this slow tends to up me to sleep, and there's not enough tension in your vocals to provide a counterpoint to the soft guitar.

drink some coffee, get more practice singing.

cheers
C.

livilaNic said:
I clicked the link and BAM! :eek: There you were. Not much of a model.

This constructive criticism has inspired me to put up a photo's section...
(Seriously...)

http://www.craighelmreich.com/images.htm

OK, now I must get back to practicing...

Here is a serious question...
Should I use the bass roll off on my CAD 179 Mic to cut the boomyness or should I set up a custom 30 band eq in Adobe Audition/Cool Edit?

Thanks for all the constructive criticism (of the music and the photos). It keeps me working...

Craig

Back