New Piano Instrumental

leavings

Hey everyone,

this is my first time recording a track like this. I used a friend's upright piano and put 2 condensers on the soundboard in the back. The house made a lot of noise so recording took forever, but once I had a good take the mixing was fairly straightforward. I wanted to get some opinions on the mix and arrangement, and some general reactions to the track. This is going to be the last song on the album I'm releasing in a month.

The song is called 'The Last Glorious Mile.' You can listen to streaming audio or download an mp3 at:

http://www.poemadept.com/help.htm

Thanks,
Peter

It took almost 20 seconds to get to a point where I could hear the ambient sound.... gotta shorten that up for sure...

slow start....I would cut out all in front of 1:54....

oy....

this really drags man......I am at 4:02 and I am still waiting for the music to start....

as far as arrangement goes....what arrangement?
It's a piano track....

if you are looking for super simplistic....you got it....

The mic-ing of the piano was decent...nice tone... but you really didn't play it that much......

good luck with your album man...

If the style doesn't suit you that's no problem...stuff like this doesn't seem to fly well at all on this board. That's something I'd like to delve more into, but not now.

Thanks for the feedback about the tone. I wanted it to convey space, and a sense of standing still while everything moves around you. If anyone isn't completely bored by this song I'd like to hear more feedback.

Thanks,
Peter

Helium ---- Real music! No bass, no drums, no synthisized strings or anything else that I could hear.!!!

I heard 1 place just before the end of the song right before the lead where it sounded like the vocal went flat momentairly.

I could kick back and listen to this for hours.

D

:cool:

:D :D :D :D :D :D
I listened to them all!!!! Your Bad!! Your Bad!!!
Where is the paino track?
You listen to a lot of James Taylor, David Gates, Cat Stevens, etc styles?

D

Glad you liked it!

Haven't heard of David Gates. I like both James Taylor and Cat Stevens a lot, though I can't call myself a devoted fan of either.

The piano track is called "The Last Glorious Mile," and is the second to last on the list at

http://www.poemadept.com/help.htm

Thanks, Peter

Back