New original

Jimtl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A song for my wife. I just finished writing the song today so this is my first attempt to make a recording of this tune. The acoustic and the vocals were recorded in one take -- just to see how the song would work out. I wanted to suprise my wife with her song, so while she was on an errand I recorded the vocal and acoustic. Since I had to wrap it up within an hour I know the vocals are "a little pitchy dog" , but I wanted to get it recorded while it was fresh. I plugged straight into my Presonus Firestudio mobile and I used Ampire software for electric guitar and bass. The acoustic and vocals were recorded with a NEW Neumann TLM 102. I used EZ drums and tapped in some midi drums (I'm a lousy drummer). I plan to go back to go back and re-record it, hopefully with a better vocal ... Anyway ... thanks for listening.

SoundClick artist: JimTL - page with MP3 music downloads

Jim

Ps. Plese feel free to make suggestions on the mix. I'm new at this

My two cents -

Find a drummer! :) The drums are really taking away from the song IMHO. They have a real herky-jerky feel to them, and are often out of time with the song.

If that's not possible, I'd try editing the drums to a grid maybe? This song really needs a live drummer though.

Hope that helps.

:)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try to redo the song and will experiment with other drum patterns and maybe some added percussion ... I'll see what I can come up with. A "real" drummer really isn't a possibility for me at this time ... but I'll work on it!

Thanks

Jim

Back