new original

aerospace1

Hi everyone,
I have been watching this BBS for awhile and just registered. I have been recording for a couple years now. I was hoping some would like to check out this mixdown and any comments are welcome.

Specifically, how do the guitars, vocals, and drums sound? The vocalist is decent, but I feel I could be doing more EQ/processing to help warm up the voX. Let me know...

Kind of just want to throw this out there and get some feedback from this community. Thanks!

Brian ;)

Here's the address:

w w w .transferstate.com/album/LS.mp3

If you type the link in correctly & then hit enter/return it's become a hyper link. I copied yours & pasted it into the address bar & went nowhere - you've typed spaces where they shouldn't be. Do yourself & everyone else a favour & post an updated link.
Now the song - after retyping the link - the bass is almost MIA. Find its space, give it a BIG 3khz tweak & adjust vol.
I'm not fussed on the HEAVY guitar tone. The others are good.
The rotating effect is OK but the guitar isn't really doing much at the time.
The drums are nondescript - they need personality.
A good song & performance but it all seems a little midd mudd bound.
Put some sparkle back into it.

Quite an impressive tune. I like the many layers of instruments you have. The vocals seem a bit low in the beginning but then as I listened longer they seemed to sit better. I really like what I would describe as the "laser lead guitar", that was well done. Nice arrangement with the chnage ups in the middle. RayC has some good suggestions you can look into. The song overall is very good....

:D:):D:)

cool song, but needs tweaking.

One of the most important things in a song is the vox. They have to be audible and uderstandable. This sounds like a really cool song, but i only caught a few words, i think they are buried a little bit in the mix, and there's a lot going on in the song. just remember that if the listener has to work to make out the lyrics to the song, they're not going to like it. just my$.02 worth...has the potential to be a great song!!

JasonBird

There's a lot going on in this song and a lot of change-ups. I love that songs like that. I can't add to anything that's already been said. Maybe just agree with rayc about the drums needing to come out a little more.

Good job.

Cheers,

Back