A New One!!! (Yesterday)

panoramical

Yesterday.jpg

I really like this, and it only took me a couple of days to write. It all came naturally and everything feels right!
Anyway, it's called "Yesterday". It's about growing up and stuff, hope you all get it.
In this one, I tried more confidence with the vocals, and although I could have added extra layers to the texture, I feel just vox and guitar is sufficient to create the kind of effect I want here. I want it to be a lonesome, reflective tune and I hope this comes across to you all.
Anyway, enough of me yabbering, select Yesterday from the list:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/atlus_music.htm

--Lyrics--
I remember those days when we were young.
The cooling breeze of those shredded dreams
Was brewing overhead,

It was a sunny day and we were playing, having fun.
A crime so deep would never make us weep
But it wouldn’t make us smile.

If only love
Could save us.
If only time
Would help us.
I should run away
From yesterday

Never¬ time to think what we had done.
Wrong or right, I knew I’d sleep that night
And I would look for more to come.

I look at all those times under the sun.
Already I lay on that twilight haze
And my journey has begun.

If only love
Could save us.
If only time
Would help us.
All that glitters doesn’t have to be gold.
I should run away
From yesterday.

I remember those days of hanging free.
The slightest crease on a falling leaf
Could be sorted right away.
Right away.

If only love
Could save us.
If only time
Would help us.
All that glitters doesn’t have to be gold.
I should run away
From yesterday.

From yesterday.
-- --

If that doesn't work, try this one:
but you would be supporting me more if you selected the SoundClick version

I like the high vocal parts (but at 3:00, it's kinda rough). The rest is really "folky".
I'm not particularly a fan of the acoustic. How did you go about recording that?

agreed, the acoutic could sound better. in my opinion, if you went sans amp and just recorded the acoustic with a nice condenser. Not a bad tune though.

Just listening now... You sound like Tim Wheeler (Ash) and that is a good thing in my books!

It's melow and fits the lyrics really quite well! I signed your guestbook too :)

You've got yourself a fan mister!!!

If you'd like to give some of my stuff a go you can find the link in my sig in your guestbook!

Nice one buddy!

Nice mellow vibe, although I found the odd time signatures pretty distracting. It seemed to take away from the groove to me.

The acoustic has been talked about. Be careful with the intonation in the singing. It gets off a bit sometimes.

All in all, good job. I think it works like you said, with just the guitar and vox.

Back