A new one

37point5

Hey again,

Here's another one I just finished up. Again, all instruments by me. Only change in equipment from the other one is that I now have Cakewalk 9, which has a great mp3 encoder built in (and a new nifty looking mixer panel).

The song is at

I also re-mixed and re-encoded the other song, which is at

Comments? Criticisms? Any suggestions on how to improve the mixes would be greatly appreciated (the comments from the first song I posted on this BBS were very helpful!).

Thanks,
Ryan

Sounds damn good. I can't really comment on the mix because the system I'm on right now has a lousy sound card. But, listening to your guitar style and sound made me wonder if you ever listen to the band "Camel", similar style. I like it.

No, I'd never heard of Camel, but I just went and listened to some of their stuff on cdnow, and I can definitely see the resemblance. We both seem to have Zappa-ish roots, and a strong jazz background. Thanks for the recommendation; I'll probably pick up one of their albums later this week!

Ryan

If you do pick one up, I'd suggest "MoonMadness". It's probably the most accessible one in their catalog. If you really like that one, then try some of the others.

Back