Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New mix for an older song...

Thanks

New mix for an older song...

Sign in to disable this ad
    We are working on some brand new tunes, but I put some more memory in my computer and wanted to check the effects on speed, plug-ins, etc. So I remixed an older tune (new to this board) to check things out and practice my skills.

Anyhow, please take the time to check this one out if you can. Give me your thoughts on mix, song, etc. Thanks for your time.

"Watch You Fall"

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=2933&alid=-1

Thanks
    very good song.. my only beef is the guitar sounds out of tune.. it's out enough to mention.. I would definitely redo that.. everything else sounds good.. nice drums.. great vocals! good melody..

Clowns to the left of me...Jokers to the right....Here I am....
    Thanks
    Hi Todd,
    Good tune man.....
    I dig Mika's vox in a big way....she has a wonderful sense of harmony too.....
    do I hear you singing on this too?

the guit is slightly out of tune as Sam says....also sounds direct....
    lot's of pick noise....
    awesome piano performance...I would bring it up in the mix.......great melody too....

Bass tone and performance is really good...couldn't be better
    The drums are sounding real good too man...
    the crash at 1:46 is a little weak....and too heavy at 2:43...

damn...this is a good tune....

My best to Mika and the wee waif,
    Take it easy man,
    Joe

Thanks
    I like the song, catchy and the vocals were good, nice voice and original sounding.

Thanks
    She has a nice voice. Great tone, and nice smooth harmonies. My only beef, as I said before, is the deliberate mispronounciation of words. Just a pet peeve of mine. Damn Alanis Morrisette, she started the whole thing.

I think the lead vox could be brought up with respect to the backing vox just a bit. Either the lead's too soft or the backing are too loud. Just a hair though.

The guitars are interfering with the vocals just a touch. And it's a bit out of tune. It's very evident on the first chord of the song.

The piano is a real nice touch. Sits well and it's a nice part.

The mix overall has a nice warm sound, which is needed on a tune like this.

Tough to remember the earlier mix, but I think this one is better.

Thanks

OK,

Nice tune, one guitar is a little out of tune and they are a little too hot--lots of pick noise, but I don't mind it. I would also bring the bass and piano up just a touch.

This is a good tune, might be worth re-recording.

Thanks

what a pretty voice!!

Nice tune - lots of character - love the swingy-waltzy rhythm - awesome backgrounds and harmonies!! - Nice building and development - tons of muscial interest. Did I mention I love that voice!! These are real drums, who's the drummist? They're quite nice - gotta love that breaking glass and crash!! Hmmmm - what was the last 3/4 or 12/8 tune out here??

I vote for just a tad more bass - the bottom seems just a tad lacking.

Damn those vocals are nice! Cool decay on the piano - great ending.

Really pretty tune - Lemme know if you do anything else to this - it's a keeper!!
    ~Milan
    MC Gitarz

Thanks
    skids

The mix sounds pretty well balance to my ears. Nothing really stands out as wrong here.

I think I remember the singer from the last song you posted in the clinic. She is a really great singer with a very good range and sense of harmony and style.

I remember the last track having a lot of difficulty understanding her words and I must confess, I am still have some trouble in this area. It's not a big deal though as she has such a pretty voice, it's still fun to listen to her.

I never did have a great ability to understand a lot of women so, after some thought here, it's probably just me!

Great song!

Cheers!

Thanks
    I would try this tune without the acu guit altogether and feature the piano the guit is fighting with the lead vocal for room

on second listen it is even more distracting

seems to me the guitar is doing a percussion part so why not have the snare carry the same rhythm that the guitar occupies now

again, every where (i.e. intro) that the guitar is featured the piano would work better and then at the outro you could add the acu (two left and right way down in the mix)

at least take out the guitar and see how the lead vox sit

Thanks

Thumbs up

Ooh, what a voice!!! Great harmonies, too. Struggling to hear lyrics. Kind of Celtic vibe, I like the 3/4 feel.

I'm wanting to hear more drums, and more bottom, especially from the bass drum. Guitar tone's not quite there - is it direct? It's not bad, just lacking a bit of color. And the tuning thing.

Overall, an excellent tune. Well on its way to being an excellent track, too. Very very cool.

Daf

Thread Information