new mix, need advice!

richardsorr

this is one of my bands new mp3s, jus typical generic hardcore. meh. I'm having trouble getting my bass drum to come through nice and thick, it seems fine when I'm listening on my studio monitors..any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

How much are you compressing it? I've been compressing the kick pretty heavily for heavier music. I think the bass guitar needs to come out a bit more, too.

Are you rolling off the low-end of the guitars/bass? Roll the bass off at about 80hz and the guitars off at 125hz.

I can hear that it's got a nice click.. it's just getting eaten up somehow. Hmm. Try to clear out the midrange a bit.

haha, you read my mind nick, or I read yours... i cleaned up the guitars a bit, the kick is comming through nicely now, i usually hit the kick pretty hard with the compressor.

I dont think the bass drum is loud enough. Overall I like it, but I also think that the drums are too snare heavy...it seems like the fast snare parts should be played on the bass drum instead.

Back