New Mix Feedback

The mix sounds pretty good, its nice and tight. The band sounds good too. Personally I cant stand the screaming nonsense at the beginning. When the "song" starts, the vox need to be raised a bit. Then it goes back to the screaming crap :D :rolleyes: :D

Its very good. The screaming does NOT fit the rest of the tune, it ruins it. I know its not your call, but if I was producing I would try to persuade them into not doing it, they ruined a good song. Good job local guy :cool:

song

Hey, thanks i enjoy the feedback. Yeah , i like my mixes tight, and punchy. Those drums are samples of the actual kit (my starclassic maples). I sampled the kick/snare through my trident s20, turned out great. That pre is what makes the sound. I used a 57 and my md421 on the gutiars, it gets them clear and loud. d112 on the bass as always, and the u87 on the vocals. Yeah, they are a good band, i used to be in a band with the singer, black guy actually. Something new in the high school screamo scene, haha. I did the mix through the 32/8 bus, i need another HD192, beacuse it only has 12 outputs. I find away to get all those tracks in there though haha. Im 18, workin on my degree at tri-c for recording arts. i hate hearing places like Lava Room, who have an SSL console, and all that shit, and still record shit. Its funny

thebarnstudio said:
Im 18, workin on my degree at tri-c for recording arts. i hate hearing places like Lava Room, who have an SSL console, and all that shit, and still record shit. Its funny

You going to the metro campus? They have some good stuff down there, I was on the music faculty for a few years.

The recording scene in Cleveland is non-existent. I am one of the "bigshots" here, I do a lot of shows at Blossom, the Gund, Convo, all the classical stuff, but there are almost no recording gigs. In other markets I have lived I would do 50 sessions a year.

The 1st 30 secs - you were actually taking the piss weren't you? What comes after sounds quite good.. ah, then we're back into silly at 1.31.
I think you should either invent a new genre or pick one per song. The hand claps were very Glam.

song

Yeah, i know about the recording scene being non-existant. Thats why i plan on moving to Florida or Los Angeles, when i get my degree. Also, i was looking for feedback on the mix, not the song. Im not a member of the band , and on this session , it wasnet my job to produce. I know screamo is dead, but high school kids still like it.

Also, i was looking for feedback on the mix, not the song.

Ummm, its the same thing.

Also, i was looking for feedback on the mix, not the song. Im not a member of the band , and on this session , it wasnet my job to produce.

Here's some good advice to ya from a pro:

Your name goes on this nonsense. Reputation is EVERYTHING in the music biz, I get a lot of my work on the phone from people who dont know me, they know my REPUTATION. This tune is part of YOU, like it or not. You might not be the producer, but is there one? If not, you ARE the producer, you made the recording. Your JOB is to make the product the best it can possibly be, and if that means being the voice of reason, so be it. If you dont want anything to do with the recording, just take the money and dont put your name on it or post it on a website.

What catches my ears right away is the wideness of the mix. Well done, sounds good. Good space on the instruments and balance between everything to my ears :cool:

Don't want to sound redundant, but just wanted to add that I agree the screaming parts just don't fit to me.

Back