New Mix after Comments

anoopbal

I posted a mix a few weeks and got some feedback about my vocals having problems. I just redid the song. Can anyone check please and give some feedback?

Don't understand what you're singing, but the performance and mix work very well. I wouldn't change anything unless you were shooting for something in particular with the mix.

Nice - I agree the mix sounds complete. There's a bit of sibilance on the lead vocal, I'm on the fence as too whether I would reduce it as that type of thing does occur frequently in radio songs and it's going to dull the vocals a bit. Otherwise everything sounds good.

What mic are you using? I wonder if it's not quite the right one for your voice. It's feels just a little dark.

I hear what Ido's saying about the sibilants, but I think they're probably ok.

Thanks Pinky.

Thanks Ido. I agree about the siblance.

I use SM Beta 58. In fact, I low passed around 16K since I record in a untreated room. I had a kind of sore throat so my voice wasn't really coming out too. I just started singing with headphones so was holding back a bit I think. So a few reasons few reasons I believe. So you are right on!

I use SM Beta 58. In fact, I low passed around 16K since I record in a untreated room. I had a kind of sore throat so my voice wasn't really coming out too. I just started singing with headphones so was holding back a bit I think. So a few reasons few reasons I believe. So you are right on!

You did a good job with a 'decent' mic. My collaborator uses a Shure PG81 (they call it an acoustic mic). I'm also impressed with how well it captures his voice. I use the same mic for my acoustic guitar and had used it on vocals in the past as well, but now have a more suitable Rode. The PG81 is similar IMO to the 58 Beta, both are real good mics for capturing live acoustic instruments, including the human voice. You might not get the crisp highs of a dedicated vocal mic but there are some highs being captured and I've not had a problem bringing them up in post production.

Back