New Metal/Rock Song with E Drums and DFHS

Basically sound. Seems to be a few timing issues, and it sounds to me like the bass is trying too hard to prove itself as an instrument. I understand what you were getting at, but I think the bass is just a bit overdone.

Kick ass drumming. I just got DFH but haven't used them yet. I would love to be able to "play" them like you do as opposed to programming. I don't know what it is about the bass guitar on the chorus... I like the sound during the verses but it's distracting during the chorus. I wish the guitars were less buzzy during the chorus too. It's a cool riff and think it would be cool with a more full bodied guitar tone. I like the vocal sound, very cool echo.

Do you live mic the cymbals and the rest of the kit is triggers?

Actually, everything is triggers. The cymbals are conversions. They actually works pretty well and they feel great as far as playability.

There are definitely timing issues with the drums. I'm going to go back and re do it. I'm also going to re do the bass. I think I captured some kind of swampy mid rangy sound. I'm going to look for a more smooth tone.

I used a different guitar tone than I usually do. It's more of a scooped sound. The tone I usually use has lots of body to it. I just thought it would be fun to change it up. I may end up re doing the guitars too.

Thanks for the feedback.

That sounds a lot like a bass-balls pedal. Those are funn! If/when you re-do bass, I'd try to keep at least a little bit of that tone in.

Pretty good song. I'd suggest scaling back the delay on the vocals a little. It got a little tiresome by the end.

The mixing sounds pretty good on the verse but like someone previously said, the chorus could benefit from bigger sounding guitars during the chorus. The delay on the vocals could also come down a bit. There's this high frequency I'm hearing from the bass as well, I don't know if you could maybe try a cut on that frequency (it's a rattling type of noise).

I went back and re did just about everything minus the vocals. Tightened it up on the drums. Used a different sound for my bass and heavy guitars.

Typing as I listen. Not a bad song. Typical modern-metal sound. I personally don't like the drum sounds you chose. They sound very cliche. Just cuz you use fake drums doesn't mean you have to sound like it. :D

The kick and snare sound especially artificial. I know clicky kicks are the norm for this genre, but this one just sounds way too plasticy and canned. Sorry. :o

Pretty good playing on everything overall.

Back