New Metal I guess...

i'd like to hear more kick (maby a little more tap to it too)

snare is a little paper-ey sounding for me, boost some higher freques (if it dosn't play hell with the hats) more compression for the snare too.

with reverbs (perticuallry vox) cut some hi's

overs are wierd, i'd play with mic placement volumes of all the brass isn't even.

over all a little heavy in the mids, but that's better than being boomy or brittle.

I thought the break at the 3 minute mark was extremely cool. Good sounds in there too. Pretty much all my criticism would be the same as Giraffe's post with the addition of the hi-hats need to be more crisp.
I'm not sure i'd call this new metal. Sounds like it could have been written in the 80's. At least it has that feel to me. Good tune though.

I like your voice but it sounded like you were getting bored of this tune while you were recording it. Also,..i could almost see you reading the words off a sheet of paper.

Take 'er easy,...
Calwood

Cool tune. Can't add much, but wanted you to know I listened, and for what it's worth, approve this song.... :D

Liked it a bunch.
Ed

Dave, I agree with Calwood about you reading the lyrics. on 00:52 particularly ( Don´t you think some flange would be cool in here? not in your voice!
I think your voice is too much in the face in all the song.
As the snare should have more volume and more crispness, something around 3k
For the new metal songs I prefer the guitar with lots of bass, its the actual new metal guitar fashion, is it not?
Also trying adding more point to the kick, so we call hear when it attacks!
At 3:00 minutes it get´s really good but the vocals are not in the same ambient as other things!
Think I said to much... :-/
Take care!

Cool song brutha, but how the hell do you play on all them damn instruments at the same time? :confused:

Slap some verb/delay on the vox and put a little balls on the guitars and your golden! :cool:

VSpaceBoy said:
Cool song brutha, but how the hell do you play on all them damn instruments at the same time? :confused:

I am, in fact an octopus. Perhaps new metal wasn't quite the right title. Thanks very much for all the feedback, rest assured it will all be taken on board.

Thanks for taking the time...

Dave.

Back