New member, new song, etc...

danack

Hey Gang,
I'm a long-time occasional lurker, so I figured I'd finally register and post something. Here's a new track I'm working on. My mixing ear isn't the best, and there's no fadeout yet.

In case anyone's interested, recorded via a digi 001 setup, main mic was a Studio Projects C1, which I just got the other week, and I'm digging it so far.

Dan

Yea, I didn't get much for help on my first mix either.

My ears are highly untrained but here's what I think:

The vocal needs to be brought up more. It's just getting buried.

The snare is too loud and too bright....but mostly too loud.

The backup vocals that kick in around 2:55 are too quiet.

Hope this helps.

i like it.

i dont know really what to say about the mix (anyone whos hit the record button once has done a lot more than i ever have, should change soon though :P) but it sounds good.

the back up vocals sound too quiet, and the vocals in general toward the end of the song could all be slightly louder in my opinion.

good song though :)

I listened.
I like it. Snare does not seem but oh so ,ever so little loud, it seems to favor the left speaker.
The lead vocals get softer as the song goes on, and as mentioned the BG Vocals could come up a bit.

I think you have done a good job, most of any other comments would be due to taste rather than error.

Tom

hey, I liked it

if I were to say anything that hasn't been said already, it would be that the whole drum kit has a slight ... quality of seeming like it was played as if it were somewhat fragile, and just miced loudly. I had it explained better in my head, the land of no words, and in words my explanation sounds just weird, but there you go. Hardly though, I might just be feeling pressed to say something unique. Sounds really good

I liked the drums actually, It was nice to hear drums that sound like drums. Vocal seems to be at a good level to me but could come up in that harmony part a hair. Yeah, it does need a fade out and maybe a little earlier than you were planning for, a tad long. good job over all, not a bad tune either.

I liked the drums actually, It was nice to hear drums that sound like drums. Vocal seems to be at a good level to me but could come up in that harmony part a hair. Yeah, it does need a fade out and maybe a little earlier than you were planning for, a tad long. good job over all, not a bad tune either.

Back