New material

David

Hey guy's.I finally broke down and wrote a new tune...its been two years at least. Been re-recording and remixing old stuff for to long now, and had to take a break and let something new out. It's a damn love song for my wife..so beware. I'll appreciate any advice good or otherwise on this. "She loves me...wild" at the bottom of the page, thanks. http://www.nowhereradio.com/david/singles

drums are cutting through real good....:)
man your voice sounds like shit.......BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....man i would KILL for the tone in your voice...lyrics are pretty cool too..the lead git licks way in the back you kno wTHE COOL ONES...bring those up...!!!..:D
girl you knooooOOOOOWWWWWW I REALLY LOVE YOU" love that part.....the bass seems to be boomy around 2:40...??..

the chorus is really really really really good...and the guitar licks fit right on the money!!!...

very cool !
jamal

Jamal Bucket said:
drums are cutting through real good....:)
man your voice sounds like shit.......BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....man i would KILL for the tone in your voice...lyrics are pretty cool too..the lead git licks way in the back you kno wTHE COOL ONES...bring those up...!!!..:D
girl you knooooOOOOOWWWWWW I REALLY LOVE YOU" love that part.....the bass seems to be boomy around 2:40...??..

the chorus is really really really really good...and the guitar licks fit right on the money!!!...

very cool !
jamal

Yeah, I might need to just ditch the lead all together, or retrack it. I'll check the bass. Thanks.

You're one of my favorites here. Vocals, very cool. I like the level on the vocal too...keep it up front.

No lyric critique b/c I haven't listened enough to be a decent judge, but it goes from kinda' verging on blues to almost jazz in some places, which I think is cool.

Things I'm hearing: It almost sounds like the mix is clipping on some of the kick/crashes, especially at the beginning...@:15, or maybe it's just the crashes doing something weird...I'm not sure, but it's not clean. Those distorted git licks...they're great, but a little low I think.

LOVE the verb on your voice. I don't really know how to describe this very well, but it sounds like something's wrong in the busier parts...the louder parts. Is it clipping??? Sorry man, I'm trying to articulate it, but I can't...it just sounds like it has no room for things like increases in volume (crashes, some vocal parts)...like the song is dynamic, but the mix won't let it get out. Fuck, I absolutely suck at this. Blame mixmkr for making me try, lol.

NICE TUNE!!!

chrisharris said:
You're one of my favorites here. Vocals, very cool. I like the level on the vocal too...keep it up front.

No lyric critique b/c I haven't listened enough to be a decent judge, but it goes from kinda' verging on blues to almost jazz in some places, which I think is cool.

Things I'm hearing: It almost sounds like the mix is clipping on some of the kick/crashes, especially at the beginning...@:15, or maybe it's just the crashes doing something weird...I'm not sure, but it's not clean. Those distorted git licks...they're great, but a little low I think.

LOVE the verb on your voice. I don't really know how to describe this very well, but it sounds like something's wrong in the busier parts...the louder parts. Is it clipping??? Sorry man, I'm trying to articulate it, but I can't...it just sounds like it has no room for things like increases in volume (crashes, some vocal parts)...like the song is dynamic, but the mix won't let it get out. Fuck, I absolutely suck at this. Blame mixmkr for making me try, lol.

NICE TUNE!!!

Hey, your one of my fav's here too. No you don't suck at telling it like it is bro, I wished I had 1/3rd of the skills alot of you guys have here. The song never clipped, but I hear what your talking about...just don't know what the fuck to do about it:D . I may ditch the lead. Thanks Chris.

David said:
I may ditch the lead. Thanks Chris.
It's your song, so you can obviously do what you want, but if you're talking about taking out the distorted guitar parts, I'd leave 'em in. I like them a lot, and I like that they add another texture...I'd just like to hear them a bit louder...I'm specifically talking about the first couple of distorted guitar fills where they're filling the gaps between vocal lines...I really like them, just maybe bring the level up to match the vocal when they're alternating.

God, I'm lame at this.

....lol...so im listening to this as my wife walks in the room....

wife:....who is THAT??????
me:....thats a guy on this site ..the one i was tellin you about with the killer voice...
wife:....man i bet he's cute.......as if it would matter....

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!.......

so needless to say dont bother askin g me to listen to anything else you SONOFABITCH..........:D:D....

and yes thats a true rendition of the conversation not 5 minutes ago.....i hate her.......i hate her...i hate her...

jamal

chrisharris said:
It's your song, so you can obviously do what you want, but if you're talking about taking out the distorted guitar parts, I'd leave 'em in. I like them a lot, and I like that they add another texture...I'd just like to hear them a bit louder...I'm specifically talking about the first couple of distorted guitar fills where they're filling the gaps between vocal lines...I really like them, just maybe bring the level up to match the vocal when they're alternating.

God, I'm lame at this.

LOL, "lame" hahaha! "at this"? Man fuck you. I bragg to my boss everyday that I know a guy on the internet that's gonna be a big star someday...and that's you fella. To tell ya the truth, that last mix I was going to just leave the lead out, and decided at the last sec what the hell..:) , and i was a little lite coming in. I'm hearing the "to busy" shit though that you were talking about. I'll remix tomorrow. Thanks.

Jamal Bucket said:
....lol...so im listening to this as my wife walks in the room....

wife:....who is THAT??????
me:....thats a guy on this site ..the one i was tellin you about with the killer voice...
wife:....man i bet he's cute.......as if it would matter....

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!.......

so needless to say dont bother askin g me to listen to anything else you SONOFABITCH..........:D:D....

and yes thats a true rendition of the conversation not 5 minutes ago.....i hate her.......i hate her...i hate her...

Hey, can you like..post a picture of your wife. I know she's got to be pretty hot looking hehe! I know she is!

jamal

The song is real nice. I like the vocal cut but it sounds kinda like your clipping in a preamp area of the chain, not the final signal. The drums are real smooth and getting clear, you could bring the toms up a little. Damned if you arent gonna make a bass player :) I like the guitar fills but it aint standing out quite enough. I'm maybe gettin a little too into highs and presence due to working on this room a little here. I'm starting to like crispy a lot more now.

Toki987 said:
The song is real nice. I like the vocal cut but it sounds kinda like your clipping in a preamp area of the chain, not the final signal. The drums are real smooth and getting clear, you could bring the toms up a little. Damned if you arent gonna make a bass player :) I like the guitar fills but it aint standing out quite enough. I'm maybe gettin a little too into highs and presence due to working on this room a little here. I'm starting to like crispy a lot more now.

I think your right about the "clipping in the preamp area of the chain" i'll remix it tomorrow and see if I can smooth it out a bit. Oh no, i'll never make a bass player..haha. Thanks man! BTW, what are you doing to your room, if I may ask?

David said:
I think your right about the "clipping in the preamp area of the chain" i'll remix it tomorrow and see if I can smooth it out a bit. Oh no, i'll never make a bass player..haha. Thanks man! BTW, what are you doing to your room, if I may ask?

trappin bass with some boat seat backs and burlap over insulation. Using carpet samples in odd places on the walls to kill high end reflections. It only a 7 x 12 room. Really hard to figure out what I wanted to do.

Dont get rid of those lead guitars man!

I think they need to come up a little more in the mix to tell you the truth.Nice groove to this tune david.This one would have them on the dance floor for sure.....slow dancin swaying to the music.LOL..your vocals are great as usual.The mix sounds good on my headphones.The lead guitar riffs are just too low.....I think they might be fighting with the lead vocal for the same sonic space......the tone and range of your voice, and that lead guitar are almost the same.....it cuts through just fine when you rest on the vocal but it has a hard time cutting through when you are singing....might be an EQ thing......sounds more like a volume thing the more I listen to it.....you might wanna try panning the lead guitar to the left a little more....is it panned at all right now?

Do you have a short delay on your vocal?Sounds good whatever it is.Drums sound good........bass sounds nice and round too.The doubled clean guitars are working great.

What kind of guitar is that on the lead?

That was a cool song man.Glad to see you writing new stuff.

I dug it!

Kramer

p.s. How in the heck do you pull these tunes off without any harmony or backing vocals?!You have a strong voice dude that stands on it's on in a big way.

This is a really beautifully written and performed song. Will you come sing with my band?

Seriously,great stuff. Turn up the lead guitar a bit on the fills.
I'd love to hear some B-3 on this too!

Great job!

hi, there, David

Good voice, again! I think the overall mix sounds very good, but the rhythm guitars sound a little thin on my headphones, maybe I should listen again tomorrow with monitors. While the vocal kicks some serious butt, it might be a bid too loud, but again, I would turn it up even more if I had a voice like yours :)
Good job, lots of emotion there, I am sure your wife will appreciate it!

AL

Kramer said:
Dont get rid of those lead guitars man!

I think they need to come up a little more in the mix to tell you the truth.Nice groove to this tune david.This one would have them on the dance floor for sure.....slow dancin swaying to the music.LOL..your vocals are great as usual.The mix sounds good on my headphones.The lead guitar riffs are just too low.....I think they might be fighting with the lead vocal for the same sonic space......the tone and range of your voice, and that lead guitar are almost the same.....it cuts through just fine when you rest on the vocal but it has a hard time cutting through when you are singing....might be an EQ thing......sounds more like a volume thing the more I listen to it.....you might wanna try panning the lead guitar to the left a little more....is it panned at all right now?

Do you have a short delay on your vocal?Sounds good whatever it is.Drums sound good........bass sounds nice and round too.The doubled clean guitars are working great.

What kind of guitar is that on the lead?

That was a cool song man.Glad to see you writing new stuff.

I dug it!

Kramer

p.s. How in the heck do you pull these tunes off without any harmony or backing vocals?!You have a strong voice dude that stands on it's on in a big way.

Thanks for the listen Kramer. I do want a lead in there, but like you said its not sitting just right..tone wise..I think. I tried panning it, but didn't seem to help matters. I'm going to work with it some more today..may have to retrack it. Oh yeah the gtr is a strat.

p.s. LOL!, man you dont miss what you never had. I do hear them in my head though, but I couldn't sing harmony if my life depended on it. Thanks cat!

strmkr-10-4 on the B-3...I wished man. Gonna work on the fills soon. Thanks for stoping by.

A1A2-Yeah if ya get a chance dude, check it with monitors. But you might be right about it. Ha, well my wife approved of it...kept me up all night long...no whatta i mean?;) . Just kidding, she laughed and went to bed, I think I heard her laughing in her sleep come to think of it. Thanks a ton Al.

Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8
Could not connect to server

B.SABBATH said:
Warning: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '142.179.159.60' (113) in /home/sites/site1/web/artists/album.php on line 8

Back