Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New material

Thanks

New material

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hey guy's.I finally broke down and wrote a new tune...its been two years at least. Been re-recording and remixing old stuff for to long now, and had to take a break and let something new out. It's a damn love song for my wife..so beware. I'll appreciate any advice good or otherwise on this. "She loves me...wild" at the bottom of the page, thanks. http://www.nowhereradio.com/david/singles

Thanks
    drums are cutting through real good....
    man your voice sounds like shit.......BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....man i would KILL for the tone in your voice...lyrics are pretty cool too..the lead git licks way in the back you kno wTHE COOL ONES...bring those up...!!!..
    girl you knooooOOOOOWWWWWW I REALLY LOVE YOU" love that part.....the bass seems to be boomy around 2:40...??..

the chorus is really really really really good...and the guitar licks fit right on the money!!!...

very cool !
    jamal

Thanks
    Originally posted by Jamal Bucket
    drums are cutting through real good....
    man your voice sounds like shit.......BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....man i would KILL for the tone in your voice...lyrics are pretty cool too..the lead git licks way in the back you kno wTHE COOL ONES...bring those up...!!!..
    girl you knooooOOOOOWWWWWW I REALLY LOVE YOU" love that part.....the bass seems to be boomy around 2:40...??..

the chorus is really really really really good...and the guitar licks fit right on the money!!!...

very cool !
    jamal
    Yeah, I might need to just ditch the lead all together, or retrack it. I'll check the bass. Thanks.

Thanks
    You're one of my favorites here. Vocals, very cool. I like the level on the vocal too...keep it up front.

No lyric critique b/c I haven't listened enough to be a decent judge, but it goes from kinda' verging on blues to almost jazz in some places, which I think is cool.

Things I'm hearing: It almost sounds like the mix is clipping on some of the kick/crashes, especially at the beginning...@:15, or maybe it's just the crashes doing something weird...I'm not sure, but it's not clean. Those distorted git licks...they're great, but a little low I think.

LOVE the verb on your voice. I don't really know how to describe this very well, but it sounds like something's wrong in the busier parts...the louder parts. Is it clipping??? Sorry man, I'm trying to articulate it, but I can't...it just sounds like it has no room for things like increases in volume (crashes, some vocal parts)...like the song is dynamic, but the mix won't let it get out. Fuck, I absolutely suck at this. Blame mixmkr for making me try, lol.

NICE TUNE!!!

Thanks
    Originally posted by chrisharris
    You're one of my favorites here. Vocals, very cool. I like the level on the vocal too...keep it up front.

No lyric critique b/c I haven't listened enough to be a decent judge, but it goes from kinda' verging on blues to almost jazz in some places, which I think is cool.

Things I'm hearing: It almost sounds like the mix is clipping on some of the kick/crashes, especially at the beginning...@:15, or maybe it's just the crashes doing something weird...I'm not sure, but it's not clean. Those distorted git licks...they're great, but a little low I think.

LOVE the verb on your voice. I don't really know how to describe this very well, but it sounds like something's wrong in the busier parts...the louder parts. Is it clipping??? Sorry man, I'm trying to articulate it, but I can't...it just sounds like it has no room for things like increases in volume (crashes, some vocal parts)...like the song is dynamic, but the mix won't let it get out. Fuck, I absolutely suck at this. Blame mixmkr for making me try, lol.

NICE TUNE!!!
    Hey, your one of my fav's here too. No you don't suck at telling it like it is bro, I wished I had 1/3rd of the skills alot of you guys have here. The song never clipped, but I hear what your talking about...just don't know what the fuck to do about it . I may ditch the lead. Thanks Chris.

Thanks
    Originally posted by David
    I may ditch the lead. Thanks Chris.
    It's your song, so you can obviously do what you want, but if you're talking about taking out the distorted guitar parts, I'd leave 'em in. I like them a lot, and I like that they add another texture...I'd just like to hear them a bit louder...I'm specifically talking about the first couple of distorted guitar fills where they're filling the gaps between vocal lines...I really like them, just maybe bring the level up to match the vocal when they're alternating.

God, I'm lame at this.

Thanks
    ....lol...so im listening to this as my wife walks in the room....

wife:....who is THAT??????
    me:....thats a guy on this site ..the one i was tellin you about with the killer voice...
    wife:....man i bet he's cute.......as if it would matter....

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!.......

so needless to say dont bother askin g me to listen to anything else you SONOFABITCH..............

and yes thats a true rendition of the conversation not 5 minutes ago.....i hate her.......i hate her...i hate her...

jamal

Thanks
    Originally posted by chrisharris
    It's your song, so you can obviously do what you want, but if you're talking about taking out the distorted guitar parts, I'd leave 'em in. I like them a lot, and I like that they add another texture...I'd just like to hear them a bit louder...I'm specifically talking about the first couple of distorted guitar fills where they're filling the gaps between vocal lines...I really like them, just maybe bring the level up to match the vocal when they're alternating.

God, I'm lame at this.

LOL, "lame" hahaha! "at this"? Man fuck you. I bragg to my boss everyday that I know a guy on the internet that's gonna be a big star someday...and that's you fella. To tell ya the truth, that last mix I was going to just leave the lead out, and decided at the last sec what the hell.. , and i was a little lite coming in. I'm hearing the "to busy" shit though that you were talking about. I'll remix tomorrow. Thanks.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Jamal Bucket
    ....lol...so im listening to this as my wife walks in the room....

wife:....who is THAT??????
    me:....thats a guy on this site ..the one i was tellin you about with the killer voice...
    wife:....man i bet he's cute.......as if it would matter....

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!.......

so needless to say dont bother askin g me to listen to anything else you SONOFABITCH..............

and yes thats a true rendition of the conversation not 5 minutes ago.....i hate her.......i hate her...i hate her...

Hey, can you like..post a picture of your wife. I know she's got to be pretty hot looking hehe! I know she is!

jamal

Thanks
    The song is real nice. I like the vocal cut but it sounds kinda like your clipping in a preamp area of the chain, not the final signal. The drums are real smooth and getting clear, you could bring the toms up a little. Damned if you arent gonna make a bass player I like the guitar fills but it aint standing out quite enough. I'm maybe gettin a little too into highs and presence due to working on this room a little here. I'm starting to like crispy a lot more now.
    " Miwk Kowz "

K: securelock

Thread Information