New material

I am glad I downloaded this song before NWR.com went down:)

Checking it on my monitors right now, and I think I know what's causing the mix sound a little empty now. The bass definitely needs longer sustain and compression. Some notes are almost too loud, and I can't hear some of the notes. And longer sustain should help to fill the gaps when instruments aren't playing, or some delay on the guitar. Another thing that I would play with is reverb on the guitars. They sound a little dry compare to the vocal.
But, this mix does sound alot better on my monitors than headphones. Glad I have downloaded it!!

AL

I try not to read the other posts as I listen, so forgive me if I say the same things as others!!

I really like the vibe. Excellent vocals!! Man! I really like this. Man dude...you can sing! I wish I still smoke weed! This would be a great tune for that!! There's nothing for me to add about the mix. It sounds really good to me!

Download now! You're tellin me you can sing lead like that, but you can't sing backing vocals? Yeah right! Nice guitar work to. You've really put it all together here David.

Twist

Yep, that's a good one.
I don't care for the guitar tone though. It sounds too processed to me. A cleaner type of overdriven tone instead of that pre-amp gain and distortion sound or however you would describe it would be my choice for this type of song. Still ballsy but more spank.

The mix, the SONG, the style, vocals, everything else is great. I like the licks and the placement too. You did a great job.

Joe

I like the song & you voice is kicking my ass. Very nice. Mix sounds good to me for the most part. The cymbal crashes sound a little muted to me maybe or kind of distant? Can't quite put my finger on it.

I haven't totally dissected the lyrics yet but nothing weird stuck out. I'm sure I'll have plenty opportunity for that on the many plays this will get as this is going to the keepers folder for me.

Geezzz, you have a great voice. I'm trying to think who you remind me of.

Let us know when the remix is done. Ifit's better, I will replace this version.

Very nice work man.

dude, your vocals simply KICK ASS in this. Great tune w/ excellent vocs!! I really enjoyed this tune.....This will get alot of listens here. Nice solid bass work. It seemed that the clean guitar that is panned left got just a touch distracting at times. Im not sure if its level is a touch hot in spots, or if its an eq issue. A limiter might be able to tame those sparkly peaks on it a little though. btw:FYI, im listening on headphones. .....back to the vocs...... these really knocked me out man. Well recorded and very natural sounding........ .....just a great job!
g w/5

Sounds great David,especially the vocals,truly fine!
Really a well written song.

Guitars sounded right there with the vox.
Only the drums seemed veiled,like Jagular said.

You need to write more tunes dude,pretty awsome stuff!
With your vocal delivery,you could write anything and pull it off!:D

Keep em comin man!

Pete

man, nice voice! I haven't heard you before.

panning on the guitars is a little distracting on headphones. Drums sound maybe a tad overcompressed. And those crash cymbals need a little work.

oooo, i like that squeaky lead guitar. i'm a total sucker for that stuff. very crawdad'ish.

nice song.

First off, I wanna get something off my chest here. I've been posting to many tunes latley and not pulling my load in the "reviewing" other peoples tunes. And i'm sorry for that. Not that i'm any help to anyone, but I do love hearing everybody's songs here...those of you with full time families no what I mean:D . This will be my last for awhile I promise..hehe.

A1A2, thanks for checking on the monitors man, thats cool of you. I hear ya loud n clear about the bass. The bass is a Rickenbacker (sp?)4003 (it belongs to a friend of mine btw) the strings are at least six yrs old:D , I know I should be shot for that. Thanks for the relisten man, means alot.

Sydfan, Thanks dude...I promise I did not smoke any weed while recording this,,,well I didn't inhale:) .

twist, Thanks for the nice comments twist, but really I suck bad at backing vox..real bad.

Smokepole, "I dont care for the guitar tone"...hey that makes two of us;) . I redid the lead, but it still sucks. I went with a clean twin tone...and over played it also. I'm still searching though, any tips you might wanna throw my way? I'm all ears man. Thanks.

Jagular, I remixed this and tried to tame the cymbal crashes a bit, you were spot on with that..I hope its better. Thanks for that man.

Guernica, I pulled that gtr in the left down a bit and panned it about 10or11:00 I think, maybe its not so distracting now. But that had me bothered some too. Thanks for the words G.

muzeman, Your to kind man, i'm not worthy of any of that. Thanks bro.

erichenryus, "very crawdad'ish" hey thats pretty good company there man..dont think i would go that far though:D . I wished I could play like crawdaddy! Thanks for listening man.

I put a "remix" up with a diffrent lead...over played though, and the tone still sucks..if ya bother http://www.nowhereradio.com/david/singles

excellent vocals! I'm not sure what mix I'm listening to, but they get a bit hot at times.. great performance man! I can't give any useful mix suggestions because my ears are clogged with poop..

great song, and this is a serious vocal performance!

nice work!

All around thiumbs up. I think I downloaded the remixed one.

I thought I heard a couple of spots about two thirds in where I the lead guitar get's a little more up front compared to the rest of the tune.

"I've been posting to many tunes latley"
Not a problem for me :)

I've been doing the opposite. Cutting other people stuff to bits and not surrendering anything of my own for review. I've been trying hard but can't seem to get anything done.

Last edited:
B.SABBATH~ "ears are full of poop" LOL, if they were'nt before, i'm sure they are after listening to this hehe. Thanks Sami

Doug H~ yeah man the lead playing and tone sucks hard on this, and it's hard to mix a bad tone. Hey, post a tune already man. Get outta here for a couple day's if thats what it takes. Thanks a bunch Doug.

"yeah man the lead playing and tone sucks hard on this"

:0

I thought the rambling lead was great. and I liked the tone. I was going to ask you what amp you played through but decided to avoid the usual guitar head stuff for a change.

chrisharris said:
Fuck, I absolutely suck at this. Blame mixmkr for making me try, lol.

NICE TUNE!!!

God, I'm lame at this.

..see?And he called me a DICKHEAD. :(

Anyway...Vox is totally killer!but has the trouble the others mentioned.Leave the leads,just bring 'em up a bit.Again,killer vox!Do you do anything live?Band?People need to hear your voice ... real good mix on the instraments,too.

Thanks again Doug H, the first version (dirty lead) was a 5150 head and Laney 2x12 cab. The remix version was a ressiue twin.

W.I.S.C, Sorry I recorded over that version and cant fix anything there. As far as playing live, my last band broke up in september last year...just didn't play enough original music to keep me intrested. Thanks for checking bro.

It sounds pro to me. Is this *home* recording? Damn. You're a *really* good singer. Has she heard it? It's a jewel, this one. Good, good music.

So did you take up guitar because your name sounds like David Gilmour? ;)

Very nice vocals! Great performance and recording.

I think the cymbals could sit back in the mix a little on this song. I like the hi hat where it is.

Nice guitars too. God damn, I dig your singing.

Skimming through the other posts I see something about ditching the leads. Fuck that. I really like the arrangement as it. The only complaint from me is the cymbals are too loud for me. But I've been recording all day, so take that with a grain of salt.

Beautiful music...glad I downloaded it, David. Thanks.

dude, your p.m. box is full.. don't forget to clean out the sent messages' and 'message tracking' while your there!

:D

great song.....great performance................some mix issues though.....
the voice is definitely clipping somewhere, don't forget to look at the FX...you can clip those and get a sound kinda like what your voice is doing when it gets hot.....I also think the vocal is just a small bit too loud; not much now, but a little bit......and I'd like to hear those guitar licks a little better. Very cool song though....and I'd like to hear some chick bckgrnd singers on the outro...that's be cool.
Nice piece of work man.

I agree the guitar leads need to come up...

But I think the snare has way too much top end, or it might just be too loud---I mean tip-top end- 18 khz and up. It doesn't sound snappy, it sounds kinds splatty...

I think the lead vox is wonderfully performed, but it's a bit too loud as well... it seems to bit almost distorting in places

Take Care
Chris

Back