New Joint...I think its pretty good...

Uhn yeah i am hip to you hepcat. I am an original jive turkey mixing it up way before that beeotch Eniac was getting his tubes changed..

algorithms say that i think your snare (is that a snare?) it has way too much bite for me. It is cutting through the mix a bit harsh, it's distracting. The bass sounds at a good mix. I think you need to beef up your female back vox, it doesn't sound as full as I think it could. I really wanted to feel that Mya sound come popping through.

Anyway good luck with your phat jamz..

Nice production Teach-I like the synth tones-they give the tune a exotic quality I don't usually hear in this genre. The snare is hurtin me though-or the combination of sounds that goes on the snare-almost makes me blink-I had to turn down the volume-maybe its a limiting thing?? The lead vocals sound fine to me-the female voice though-sounds out of tune in the descending part of her vocal-and it sounds cut and pasted so I hear the same pitch issue every time-I like the doubled female voice with the verb-nice touch-another voice doing harmony during that out of tune descending section would have been cool.

Yeah-lighten up that snare hit please :)

Hey-good news our collab may be back in business-I'll send you a p.m.-later or tomorrow.

I think the female voice is definitely the weakest part of this - which is a shame cause the rest of it sounds good to me. I'd also ease off on the snare's bite a little - maybe verb it back just a bit? Part of the harshness is how dry and up-front it is. But sounds like you're pretty close to being there with this one.

Chris

i need to get nice with autotune :(

that snare will be turned down...i'm always paranoid about my drums sounding weak...

FYI these type of songs are not the norm from me so all you that don't listen to hip hop because of songs like these don't fret they will be few and far between....

the file has been changed its not the original...the snare was lowered and i did lil bit of level changing...

Yeah you really tamed that snare there, it sounds much better. Before it was like it made my eyeball crack, now it sounds nice and clickyclicky..

haha "you either do the fuckin or you get fucked up"

Seriously man i saw the 3 self bumps, i think hip-hop scares a lot of people in here. Were mostly like old classic rockers.

You know I don't know if they're more knowledgeable about mixing but I'd bet you'd get more feedback in terms of number of responses if you posted this in the hip-hop forum. But anyway..

...Booyaaaaaaaa..

Back