New hiphop Song "Real," feedback wanted

Liking it, the bass is odd and the vocals don't feel submerged in the song, more on "top". Maybe just pop a limiter on it and reduce the gain output?

The reason this doesn't work for me is that I feel the style demands "up close" and Hi-res, and the rendition (especially the telephonic vocal) is deliberately distant and Lo-res.

Last edited:
I'd take the telephone effect of the vocal, but leave it on at the start of the song. If it were me I'd take it off from "Now listen" onwards as this would give that line some great impact.

Also I'm not sure if the fade on the music works at the end. If it were me I'd cut it out suddenly just as you say "real to the mother f.....g end", without a fade so it's just like you've pressed the mute button on it.

Liking it, the bass is odd and the vocals don't feel submerged in the song, more on "top". Maybe just pop a limiter on it and reduce the gain output?

+1
the vocals are too much on top and you could use by tuning it a little bit down so the you get the balance perfect and take out the phone effect it kinder ruins the song 4 me tbh. but other than that its perfect.

Back