Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: New Here...Project...The Rumor..Need feedback ...Thanks!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    New Here...Project...The Rumor..Need feedback ...Thanks!

    Sign in to disable this ad
    So this is my first post...i want to launch a project under the alias The Rumor.... in May or April...and I am looking for some feedback on the songs and the mixes...I am very new to home recording and these are my first projects, and the first time I've ever written full songs and recorded by myself...Any feedback would be awesome! Thanks in advance....Also the first compulsive reactons is much more electronic synth heavy compared to the last three so if you wanna skip that one its very much different from the others...


    http://soundcloud.com/therumor _ SOUND CLOUD NOW AVAILABLE....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TheRumor; 04-12-2011 at 16:02.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    14 veiws...no opinions? i know someone out of you all has to be better at this, cause have no idea what im doing hahaha...Hopefully someone will come along and help out...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    close to the edge
    Posts
    11,290
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 143 Times in 126 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRumor View Post
    14 veiws...no opinions? i know someone out of you all has to be better at this, cause have no idea what im doing hahaha...Hopefully someone will come along and help out...
    OK so you are completely new here, you dont put your songs on a streaming site, you've made no introduction or commented on anyone elses work, and the return rate is generally 10% views to comments anyway...Im surprised I can even be arsed listening or commenting


    sorry to be harsh but this is a clinic not a showcase so pick a track you have a problem with and join the community, dont take advantage of it

    I listened to compulsivereactions, its generally excellent, reminded me of muse without the guitars but the verses vocals are way too loud imho..not keen on the autotune, who is..but generally this is very good mix..poptastic and fun to listen to

    I will probably listen to the rest because you sound like you have talent..but downloading 4 songs? gimme a break
    Quote Originally Posted by jimistone View Post
    you scare me.
    Album My Soundcloud page

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    close to the edge
    Posts
    11,290
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 143 Times in 126 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474858
    i just read that was the one i was meant to ignore lol


    i will now pass my great (2 years) expertise to the next one
    Quote Originally Posted by jimistone View Post
    you scare me.
    Album My Soundcloud page

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    HAHAHAHAHA...Okay I like your style, i see where I may have come off a bit mmmm brash? needy? expectant? bit**y? haha...thans for the feedback...I literally just signed up like 2 minutes before creating the post....and it would seem kinda hard to comment on someone elses song because i feel like i don't really know what I am doing...Perhaps i should just open up here ehh? Again sorry for coming off as rude...but hey thanks for letting me know how this kind of thing works. ; )

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    close to the edge
    Posts
    11,290
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 143 Times in 126 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRumor View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA...Okay I like your style, i see where I may have come off a bit mmmm brash? needy? expectant? bit**y? haha...thans for the feedback...I literally just signed up like 2 minutes before creating the post....and it would seem kinda hard to comment on someone elses song because i feel like i don't really know what I am doing...Perhaps i should just open up here ehh? Again sorry for coming off as rude...but hey thanks for letting me know how this kind of thing works. ; )
    you werent rude


    and you're very good so quit with the coy


    I listened to overboard and its very, very, polished

    I liked it all...some nice performances and the mix is perfect..I doubt this is the place you need to hang but if you had any influence on the recording you should share as thats pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jimistone View Post
    you scare me.
    Album My Soundcloud page

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    I acctually performed, wrote, recorded and mixed it all by myself. i only have about 1000.00 in my little home studio...I'm 25 as of recent...and been doing this for about 6 months...so I just feel a little young and i don't know...unseasoned? but thank you and if you think it sounds that good than i will certainly start being involved in this community...Cheers!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    close to the edge
    Posts
    11,290
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 143 Times in 126 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRumor View Post
    I acctually performed, wrote, recorded and mixed it all by myself. i only have about 1000.00 in my little home studio...I'm 25 as of recent...and been doing this for about 6 months...so I just feel a little young and i don't know...unseasoned? but thank you and if you think it sounds that good than i will certainly start being involved in this community...Cheers!
    dude..then that was excellent


    try soundcloud or drop box to stream your stuff at full steam


    I think your mix sounded great..
    Quote Originally Posted by jimistone View Post
    you scare me.
    Album My Soundcloud page

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Also I just want to add, i don't want to seem coy, just humble because no matter how good you think you are there are several better and many more with education...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    My chain???whats that? i have krk rockit 5s....reaper ... komplete 7 and a bluetube presonous preamp with a used m audio midi keyboard and dongle interface...and like a few guitars ive managed to round up over the years. and a note book hahaha ohh and a marshall mxl4000...ukulele, bass, guitars.... i dont have enough money for a drumkit or mics or a room for it, so i edit and eq ez drummer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Feedback on idea for collabo project
    By dnkygirl in forum DJ & Hip Hop Production
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 17:14
  2. Recent project, feedback wanted!
    By soundvile in forum MP3 Mixing Clinic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 18:06
  3. First Recording Project, Feedback Appreciated! (Rock)
    By Bill S. Preston in forum MP3 Mixing Clinic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 07:13
  4. Is this a rumor
    By JaQsonA1 in forum Microphones
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 20:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •