Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum and a new home recording...

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    hey i reckon this is great. Im from Australia, you should check out a band called the Panics, you have similar styles. And maybe Lisa Mitchell too, she has a whimsical style like yours.

I think the mix sounds good, perhaps a little bright and present for my taste, but thats just me.. it does suit the song.

Thanks
    not bad at all - good job. Remember - I tell this to young bands:

"There's one thing more you're gonna need besides all them amps and guitars and drums and things to make it in music - we call this thing A SONG."

You have a song

New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Thanks
    Hello stickboy a lot of my friends are just crazy about your material and are looking forward to a US tour.

I had the same problem with my Rode microphone and all it needed was a new tube.
    You should contact Christian at proaudiotubes@aol.com he'll set you up with a nos tube.
    Changing the tube out is very easy and you get your K2 back. With a better sound to it!

♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

☼ Mucho Loco Henry Areebah! ☼

Any mic you buy will be perfectly suited to your needs, until you use it long enough to learn that it's not.

Thanks
    ahhh hmmm i may look into that - think is though i think its more a pro tools mbox usb thing

if i plug the mic straight into my sound card its fine.... but i have to go through mbox to use pro tools... also if i di my guitar amo into mbox i also get the sound... but not when plugging certain other things through it.... very bizarre... sounds like some kind of earth hum but have tried various things to no avail

U.S tour.... now that would be awesome.... kinda gotta keep doing the day job though to pay the bills!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stickboymusic View Post
    if i plug the mic straight into my sound card its fine.... but i have to go through mbox to use pro tools...
    What a pain. Simple solution would be to track with a no-problem app & interface like Reaper w/whatever hardware, then just mix in Pro Tools.

Thanks
    I personally don't like the song. I can't share in these guys' enthusiasm. It's boring, cheesy, repetitive, and no different from any other modern indie hipster singer/songwriter pap. So having said that, it'll probably make you a million dollars. Good luck.

The recording is great though. My only gripe is the silly, out-of-place, and unnecessary swooshy whirly sound effect thing that dances across the stereo field. Other than that, it's very good. If you're really "new" to this little hobby, you're off to a good start and put together a better mix than most people that have been doing this for years.

Thanks
    ha thankyou mr greg for your honesty.... not the most useful post but i understand its not to your taste, if its any consolation i had a listened to your page and whilst all very good...also not to my taste so i fully understand why you wouldnt like my track.

I personally like the strange sound panning accross (its why its in there!) but cool if you dont like it

you say it is "no different to any other indie pap" and then dont like things that are a little different.... cant win them all

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stickboymusic View Post
    i had a listened to your page and whilst all very good...also not to my taste so i fully understand why you wouldnt like my track.
    Thanks. Just do what you like to do and don't worry about what anyone thinks about your songs. That's my musical philosophy. Your mix is good, and for this purpose of this forum, I think that's the most important part.

Thanks
    Hey there, regarding your noise problem, a buddy of mine had a similar issue. He tracked the problem to the cheap mixer he was using. Does the problem persist when you DI into your MBox without the mixer?

Thanks
    hmmmm interesting question.... im not actually sure i tried that (dont know why!?)

Will give that a go..... dont really want to have to buy a new mixer right now (cash!?) but if it solves the problem its good to know for the future

im pretty happy with my baby blue bottle mic but yeh would be nice to get the valve one in use again

i think the reason i didnt try it is that if i go into my computer soundcard - through the mixer - i have no problems so "assumed" it was an mbox usb issue

no harm giving it a try though

thanks!

Thread Information