New extreme sports instrumental - feedback please

espskully

I just finished this for placement in an extreme snowboarding show. What do you guys think? I still may do some fine tuning but I thought I'd get feedback from fresh ears before I proceed.

Thanks!

There's a guitar in the background that could maybe benefit from a low cut...

Sounds pretty good - If it's destined for television, don't knock yourself silly tweaking it to death. Trust me. Those damn TV guys will still find a way to mess it up for you (19-Paul to all my TV buddies...) :D

Seriously, though - If that's the direction you're going in, the direction is fine. Keep in mind that lows below around 60Hz are going to do nothing but trigger compressors that will KILL the mix and make it pump all over. That being said, "most" studios have the low cuts before the compressors. Most... :cool:

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Thanks John. A low cut, hey? I'll have a listen to see if I can spot it. I am finding my monitors (Yorkville ysmp1 actives) don't represent the bass very well - it's always more boomy on other systems - so I tend to take the bass down too much. Hows the low end on your system? More bass? Less?

Thanks for having a listen and replying.

Cheers.

-Aaron.

Back