a new demo up

I LOVE that intro. Drums sound great!!! Those quarter note triplets are KILLER!!! Perhaps a bit more feeling in the vocals?? Just a suggestion. The recording sounds really good!! Man...I'm getting off on that snare! I would like to hear some harmonies. Dig that surfy middle section! The solo may be a bit too long, but I do the same thing all the time!! :D So I'll just shut up about that. Very good job!! Did you record that at home? How did you get that drum sound?

Sydfan,

Wow...it's really thrilling to hear that you like the drum sound coz we actually used samples!!! Our drummer notated the whole drumtrack and I did some velocity modifications to make it sound more realistic before patching it in! :)

Yes, all recorded at home onto a Fostex R8 before being dumped to Cakewalk for all the effects/EQ/editing tasks!

Cheers!

I've put up another song on the nowhereradio site also.

"Desire"

Please give more of your valuable comments.

Thanks!

KB

I listened to Big Time Lights.

Yeah the little riff is pretty catchy. Something in the parts of that section aren't working together quite right. There's a cadence of something that's a little off. It's still cool though. I like the drummer.

The middle section proably goes on a little longer than needed (about a minute and a half). The guitar coming out of that section is really cool, but it's a bit high in the midrange - a little hard on the ears.

I gotta say it's a little bland lyrically.

Too much criticizm coming from me - it's still a pretty cool song.

Hey man,
yeah, cool tune. My first inclination would be to compress those lead vocs more. The downside of that might be less of the very "punk" dynamic im getting from this. That would be your call. The bass sounds a touch thin in this... how was the bass recorded? ...just curious. I dig the slinky guitar solo section... cool stuff man:)
g

the bass was recorded direct to an ART preamp. I think a yamaha bass guitar was used here.

thanks for listening guernica!

cheers!

The vocal level is inconsistant and a bit too dry.

The instruments seem to all be sharing the same space EQ-wise. Hard to tell what exactly is in there. I'm not digging that bass tone.

This song would rock with a heavier sound.

Back