new demo - more acoustic angst

jitteringjim

Insert Custom Title Here
Just posted a new demo to my mp3.com page.
It's acoustic guitar/vocals and is a small d/l - I recorded it in my new room thurs. night (actually fri.) around 2:30 AM -
I kept the first guitar take and edited it down to approx. 2min 30sec. I have to do some serious treatment to the room as it has more ambient noise than I'm used to working with.
The tune is a little ditty dedicated to my new locale & when doing the vocals I had to keep from laughing my ass off (was getting pretty giddy.) It's a little more "No Depression" sounding than most of my stuff, but I kinda like it.
Be nice as it's only a rough demo. I plan to recut it this week sometime. http://www.mp3.com/gregbrogan
tune: swell town

[This message has been edited by jitteringjim (edited 04-16-2000).]

Jitter, swell song! It took my mind off taxes for a few minutes, and I thank you for that. Yeah, I can hear its a little brighter but it sounds real.

Layth

I like the sound you get on this. You sound even more like Cockburn than Emeric, *and* you mention Jesus.

It's hard to take adjectives like 'swell' and 'fine' seriously, so in answer to your question, no, I don't think I want to live in that town. :)

I listened to them all, except gravity stoned which I already have. Nice sounds you are putting out. You have one cool voice.
bobbo

Well done, but sure would like to hear some slight drums starting at the chorus...would add a little extra feeling....doesn't need anything else in the way of instrumentation 'cause it's so clean...vocal is great too....gibs

GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD!!!

you have inspired me once again!
Your tunes are always awsome, they click in my head immediatly. I've got the chorus to this one in there now! :)

-jhe

I wouldn't worry too much about the room. I can hear what you mean though, but for this tune it gives it a real nice feel.

-jhe

Thanks for the comments, guys! It's always good to get feedback on yer stuff. I just wish I still had my adsl hookup so I could more easily check out some of the tunes posted here lately - seems to be getting pretty busy with lots o'new members and music.

I've got a new little tune I started working on tonight - I'm shitfaced for the first time in quite a while so - hmmm... dunno where I was going with that - anyway, thanks again for listening... keeps me working knowing that folks like what I'm turning out. :)

Yes, very good. Great sound on the acoustic. I'm new here, so maybe you've said before, but I'd love to hear what your acoustic guitar is, and what you're miking it with. Sounds really great. And do I remember right that you posted somewhere else that you're using and SBLive?

Thanks for the info, keep up the great work!

Paul

Very nice sounding song.

There was only one guitar there though yeah? Perhaps for little variety you could have another guitar in there - perhaps playing the same chords at a different position on the neck or a little lead gtuitar doodling/improv... just to add a little more spice. Just an idea.

Very well done!!!

Really like the the songs and the sound you got, what are you using to record the acoustic guitar? Also what kind of setup do you have?
Russ

Thanks for listening guys...
nwduffer: I used a Yamaha acoustic for this tune (don't have a model # for you.) I alternate between it and a cheap Hondo. I usually work on my tunes until the strings are nearly dead, then record them - I get better results that way (strings are still a little live at this point.) I mic everything with a Rode NT1, and yes - I record with a Sound Blaster Live! through the digital I/O. Thanks for asking.

Cooperman: What's up Aus? I agree with your comments - could use a little more something... this was sort of a quick one - off tune. I plan to recut it, but I have to get the noise floor down in this damn house though. :) Perhaps I'll get around to recording more today - I think I've found a nice, peaceful, quiet place around the corner from my room. :)

Your vocals sound like a cross between Lou Reed and John Cougar Mellencamp... WOW!
And I love the sound of Yamaha acoustics... my personal favorite.
Keep the good tunes a'comin' :)

Back