New Cover

powderfinger

Well, last week you guys helped me put together a Neil Young tune, "Throw Your Hatred Down" for a compliation I'm working on.....only for me to find out that it wouldn't be considered because it was recorded with Pearl Jam, and they didn't want to have to chase down the appropriate people to ok it........in other words, they wanted only Neil Young. What bullshit. Anyhow, we went back and recorded the song Words(between the lines of age) from his Harvest album. Hopefully this will work, any comments would be great.........

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1642&alid=154

Cool Choice. I listened to it at work, so I'm sure these tiny 'puter speakers aren't doing it true fidelity justice, but the mix sounds a little muddy to me once it kicks in (@:50 sec). The reason I'm not too afraid to say this is because these tiny speakers usually have the opposite effect.

Maybe boost the mids on the rhythm guitars (which, by the way, have a very cool tone, especially at the beginning...sounds like you gave deference to Crazy Horse)...

Also, since I'm being so "helpful," I think you should bring up the vocals in the mix and lose some of the reverb on them to clear 'em up.

Now for the nice part.

Vocal = Very cool...just lemme' hear it!!
Lead Tone = Sweeeeeett

good job

you really captured that neil young sound, especially the solo!! nice. vocals are a little low though, but that's all my feeble ear's can pick out:rolleyes:

another nice job!!

thank's man

peace

rick

Back