New cheap track

Eric, this sounds real nice. I like the wide spread on the guitars. But man, don't be shy about singing, your voice sounds great here. Kinda reminds me of The Moody Blues in some parts. Bring that vocal up just a tad.

Twist

Hey man...sing up!!! :D

It sounds like you have a good voice. The music is really nice. Drums are kind of canned sound for my taste, but I kind of understand because I have to do all my drums via midi so...

Song is a bit long IMHO. There are some nice instrumental breaks in there. Maybe just too many of them?

Sounds pretty darn good man :)

hey Erik O,

Nice spacial definition and panning!!

I've not the best ear but, do I hear alot of midi produced sounds? Not a bad thing, I'm just testing my ear;)

Vox needs a more previlant(sp?) place in the mix. Maybe up the level, maybe cut some verb, but definitly let the vox out of the bag.........

decent tune and better recording..imho

Peace,
Theron.

Thanks a mill for the constructive comments, guys.

Twist : Thank you :) . I just updated the track with a few changes. The vocals should be a bit louder and clearer now.

Jagular : Yeah, I know. But the minute I hit the record button my throat gets extremely tense. It's a psychological blockade I have to overcome because it makes my voice sound completely numb.
I've thought about the lenght of the song as well. I'm planning to make an intire new version (with the pitch raised in the chorus among other things) and I'll certainly consider to shorten the tune. Thanks :D .

theron : Your ears are absolutely right. There's way to much midi sound for my own taste, that's why I call it cheap :D . Everything but the guitars and vocals is midi I'm afraid, but that's what I've got available at the moment :rolleyes: .
I removed the reverb from the lead vocal and made some other changes that hopefully make it more clear in the mix.

Thanks again for the help, dudes :cool: :cool: .

Decent piece of music. Vocally you remind me a little of Mark Knopfler (sp?).

There's something I hear with the vocals that's a little strange. Not bad, just different. Were parts of them double tracked? I'm hearing some extra sibalance on the right side every once in a while, but I'm not sure if I'm confusing it some high end of the guitar.

The vocal volume drops off near the end of some phrases - just something to watch out for.

I liked the musical transitions that were speedier. I sort of wanted a new vocal section to come in after them.

Everything was very clean sounding.

dtb : thanx for the encouraging words :) .

TripleM : There's a delay of the vocal track added to the right side (and chorus added to the left, btw.) so what you hear is ehh... right.
Thanks a lot for listening :) .

the new mix sounds a lot better with the vocals up.. I checked this out the other day, but just saw you posted a remix.. very cool tune.. the instruments seem a bit low, or maybe that cross stick is a bit loud.. either way a good listen..

i like it erik o., beat box and all.

but 8 minutes! man, i haven't even written eight minutes of music if you added all my songs together.

i like the bass patch.

your singing is fine. nothing to worry about, if there was, we'd tell you! :)

B.SABBATH said:
the instruments seem a bit low, or maybe that cross stick is a bit loud..

Now ain't that the truth! You're right on both Sabbath. Adjustments have been made and a third edition is uploaded :D.
Thanks a lot for listening.

erichenryus said:

but 8 minutes!

6!! It's 6 minutes, not 8 :( :( . But maybe it feels like 8 :eek: ? :D :D .
I'll be working on a new, shorter version for sure.
Thans a lot for the comments, Eric.

nice transitions in the music. you could just go on and belt them vocals out guy, they are ok, maybe even brighten them a little.. the drums were a little dominant over the rythym and bass but it flows good.

thats cool that you have the lyrics on your site....man why didnt i think of that?!?!?!..lol..:)
mix sounds pretty dang nice....
man these vocals are really warm ....thats great!
this reminds me of that song from the pulp fiction soundtrack...."girl youl be a woman soon"...doesnt sound like it just that same vibe....a cool vibe...

guitar break is nicely played...
actually the guitar sound is real nice.
whats the story on these drums...is it live or memorex????..they alllllmoooost sound real but im not sure ...lol...im goin with programmed.....

at any rate cool song.

jamal

Toki987 : I don't know which version you listened to (I updated it twice yesterday :)) but I did lower the drums, among other adjustments.
Thanks a lot for the time taken.

Jamal : I stole the idea about the lyrics from another guy on Nowhere Radio :D .
The drums are all midi. It's not the cleanest sounding drum patch I've got, but it's the least midi-ish.

The low freq's of my voice is probably what reminded you of "Girl you'll be a woman soon". I like this particular song a lot and remember the scene it was played in very well. I think I remember a few lines as well, something like:

Travolta : I'm gonna take a piss!
OD Girl : That's a bit more information than I needed. :D :D

Thanks for the kind words and the time taken, Jamal.

Back