New band looking for feedback

moevb

Hi,

We are a relatively new band and have recorded a few songs. If anyone would be kind enough to listen to our music and leave some feedback we would really appreciate it. You can either download and MP3 or stream the music. Here is the website -

http://www.emptybucket.org/our_music.html

Thanks!

Moe

Nick,

Thanks for the input. The mic we use is a Samson C01 Studio Condensor mic. Let me know if you have any other thoughts on the music.

Thanks!

Moe

Too much reverb on the main vocals - it sounds like a live karaoke performance.

I would also recommend working in some backing vocals on your tracks (I didn't listen to them all). Even if you have to sing the backing vocals yourself, it will make a difference in the feel of the song.

Cheers.

The guitar is way too low. I think it may be the reverb forcing it too far back in the mix, but what do I know... In the first track, it is barely audible on my PC speakers. The tone doesn't sound too good to me either (reminds me of my first 10 watt chinese practice amp, which I eventually stabbed to death :) ).

Thanks for the feedback. I have mentioned to our singer the reverb problem on the vocals. We are working on that.

As far as the guitar being to low I would be inclined to agree with that. But being the guitar player I might be a little biased. :)

Thanks again for the feedback. Keep it coming!

Moe

If you're the guitar player and you mixed it, I'm impressed you didn't make it ten times louder than everything else... I know I do ;)

Thom,

Actually I didn't mix it. I try not to mix the guitar too loud when I do mix. It gets hard sometimes especially if I like the part I played. Thanks for the feedback. We're looking for all of the advice we can get.

Thanks!

Moe

Back