That New Age Sound

Hey and welcome.
Yeah, if you want that kind of feedback the clinic is probably the better place.

I guess it's usually works in progress in there but even if this is finished, feedback is what you want.

Moving now. :)

A bit of an abrupt start to the song.

Some cool stuff going on with muting the instruments.

I didn't care for the piano-synth sound. The mix needs some more energy in the 200-800hz range. The synth could fill that space, but it doesn't.

The voice and instruments sound like they're in different spaces. The vocal is sitting on top of the instruments.

I'll kill Aladdin and f*** Jasmine
Is this a boast rap or a fanfic? :D

It's mostly a pretty clear mix, but there a lot of spots that can use some polish.

The vocals distort a little in a few places. What kind of mic are you using?
The level of the vocals relative to the track varies pretty widely. During the quiet parts of the verses, the vox are definitely too loud. You may want to automate the track volume? Or maybe master it before tracking vox? (I don't really know how this genre is done)

The track actually sounds kind of like DJ Pogo. That's pretty cool!

Rap isn't gelling with the backing track for me, sounds like you're rushing to keep up. Lead voice is tripping over that female backing vocal on the left, or vice versa. Pretty trippy backing track.

Sounds pretty good to me, maybe bring up the vox a bit, the backing track seems like it might be obscuring the vocal at times. Really like the song.

I'm not a rap expert but the first thing I noticed was the vocal jumping out pretty high. It definitely distracted me from the rest of the mix. I'm not sure if that is something stylistically preferred for this genre though.

The intro has something not quite right - but - once the vocals come in everything improves. Vocals start losing it around 1:25 during the chorus.
Got to give you props for the amount of rapping in the verse though - that would burn out my lungs lol :D
Other than the intro this is really a good mix. Love all the backup vocals - well done...

Hey there,

Thank you for your input. Due to lack of money right now I could not afford to buy the stems for the beat. Do you have any suggestions on how to intregrate the vocals and beat when you don't have stems?

Thanks again

Back