new acoustic song, please check out

kylosius

I Like Rusty Spoons
ok, this is an acoustic version of the Alkaline Trio song Radio. my friend is playing the acoustic guitar and i am doing the lead on my electric. anyway before you listen heres a few things i'll tell you. the singer sounds alot like me (it's not me though) and the vocals and guitar were done live. the guitar got an SM57 and the vocalx got a Behringer XM8500A. My friend however sang all quiet when he first played it, and once the levels were set, the song was recorded so he procedded to scream and yell some of the lines. so there is some distortion on the vocals. as for the electric guitar in there. it was added as an after thought when it was too late to use my big amp, so it was done with my little 10 watt peavey practice amp. with that being said. rip it apart.

www.nowhereradio.com/emopunker

in the singles section and the song is Radio.

well les see here. You got a good start, most folks intitially dont bring the vocals out from inhibition or they dont realize that the listener dont know the words. You got the vocal level up hot, maybe jus a little too hot. The acoustic guitar sounds pretty good but is a bit starved for eq, a bit of low end could help it some. That sm57 could be a bit closer to the neck joint. I hear some hiss from something, you need to find out what that is and kill it. The electric part is ok but a little too thin to be that crunchy. The singer is bobbing around the mic and changing the levels on the voice. The sm57 does a fair job on vocals but you have to keep a constant proximity on it. Maybe get a 6" loop of wire and stretch a piece of stocking over it and put in front of the mic to keep some of the breath blasts tamed. Not bad for a rudimentary setup.
I dont know what you used to record this tune with , but a slight touch of reverb could smooth the whole thing out a little, just dont use very much.

thanks for the reply. i used a MT400 by Yamaha on this. im gonna throw it into cool edit and try to clean it up. thanks for the feedback, i have never had anyone say "good start" in reviewing any of my stuff.

Sorry, didn't like it

Not my kind of thing. The recording was hissy, the vocals need work.
Not my genre.

sounds alright...

i think the vocals need to be compressed...
and i personally think that the lead that was done in dst should of just been done on another acoustic...

and yes, the vocals some work...

but yea, i'd agree, good start..

Back