New Acoustic-ish tune up. THANKS!

KaBudokan

Hey everyone! Well, I am fairly new here but I've been really digging the site and all the advice and help. I just posted a new acoustic tune up that started out as me experimenting with new toys.

I recently got a Rode NT2 mic, and then also picked up a Joe Meek VC3, and started playing with those. That evolved into this tune.

This was done about half with Acid and half with Vegas, plus tons of editing in SF and numerous plug-ins. I tried to push the envelope of Acid's capabilites a bit and try to create a really live feel with the drums. I think it worked pretty well.

Here's the link to the song:

Half a Song

RealAudio mangles the sound, but the .wma is high quality for high-speed streaming. MP3 is available for download.

Last time I posted, some of you had trouble listening to the tunes. If you do, let me know, as I'm going to try to get a site going over at MP3.com over the weekend.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the mix and everything, and if you have any questions, please ask and I'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks again!!!

Alex

Got it this time Alex. Really really nice.

You captured it quite beautifully.
No input on my end. It's great as is. :)

-ric

Thanks Ric!!! I appreciate it. I spent quite a bit of time on the mix and everything, and incorporated some suggestions I have seen on here.

I must say, you seem to check out most of the posts here, and I really appreciate that effort.

Feedback from here is nice. The site (AcidPlanet) where my stuff is posted right now has some really talented people, but I have to say that this place has a stronger knowledge base.

Thanks again!!!

Impressive mix...real good mix..style-wise it's a real departure from your other stuff(my faves, Something Cryptic/Taste of Flesh)...the miking on this was tasty as hell...gibs

Hey thanks Gibs for the kind words. You're right about the style comment, but really, I feel like all 4 tunes I have up there are fairly different and unique. Definitely not one genre. I was setting up a page at mp3.com last night and I just had NO idea what "genre" to put everything in. Oh well. lol

Thanks also for your comment on the miking. This was my first real attempt at working with a decent large condensor mic, so it's nice to hear a good comment. I did cheat a little bit, and used the Antares mic modeler on the guitar parts. Went from the NT2 to a modeled Neumann U47, which added a really nice warmth to the sound.

Anyway, thanks again guys for the comments and feedback.

Back