new acoustic demo.. emo/indie

emomusician

Hey guys can u check out a demo I did the other night of one of my bands songs, in acoustic. Nothing flashy, but this will be the first time I've recorded in a while and I feel I have improved alot since my last.. which was pretty crappy. I dunno though.. u guys may think this recording is crappy too. anyhoo give it a listen.. and I'd appreciate your thoughts on it, as it will help me improve more.

Thanks

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/burningtobreathemusic.htm

for the music you're doing here it sounds fine. then again i listen to punk and emo. then again some of the background vocals didn't sound like hey fit, and around 2:40 that second guitar comes in way off time. i don't have any mix comments though. i thought it sounded good. then again you also said it was a demo. someone else on here will tell you about the mix.

thanks

Yeah... I didn't spend alot of time on it. I was actually doing it to get my vocals not sounding like they were sung in a can. I think I suceeded in that. Some stuff I knew about already like the off guitar, which i just never went back and retracked that guitar. I was just more concerned with the sound quality. Just an experiment to get a good sound. I'm recording my band in a few weeks.. and I'm trying to get something set that sounds good. Yeah the backup vocals didn't fit.. lol

anyway thanks for the comments!

I think the sound is pretty good. The effects on the acoustic are nice. And the vocals are pretty good, though some of the pitches are slightly off.

It definitely doesn't sound like crap. Backups are a little wierd in some spots, but I like them a lot in others.

Only real complaint I have is that it sounds like Dashboard. Then again, Dashboard is the typical acoustic emo sound.

thats so funny u say that

Thanks..

your about the 50th person to say it sounds like dashboard.. which I guess thats cool.. because I love Dashboard. The Song is actually meant to be played with heavy distortion and screaming.. so once we record that version.. maybe I'll get away from the dashboard sound.

I just wanted to be sure I could record something that had good enough quality for people to listen to. My voice was dry the night I recorded that.. so it was hard to stay in tune at times... I'm usually right on the money. Either way.. if u heard my earlier stuff.. where the vocals sounded like poop. I see I need to invest in a pop filter too.

This isn't the kind of music I usually listen to, but this has a nice overall sound. I like the acoustic guitar. Some of the singing is right on the edge. I mean the edge of being off, but it does stays on. Pretty cool. I'm no singer, when I'm off I'm all the way off. The mix is listenable, nothing really offensive there.

The guit sounds direct almost with a flange effect...
sounds OK....if that's what you are looking for....
Personally I like a clean pure guitar tone recorded.
The vox is low in the mix against the guits....

a bass line sure would help this along....and scattered distorted guitar...easy going drums too...boom stick................boom stick.....
slow like .......ya know? tappity tap closed hat....nice and soft.....
build all with the dynamics of the vox and go rectified/hi gain into a full blown rocker....

yup.

Back