Need some fresh ears

Status
Not open for further replies.

NL5

Unpossible!
Here is a "rough" mix I did. It has a few issues,, but I need some fresh ears to listen to it and tell me what is wrong before I touch it up and finalize it. It needs the toms to "sit" a bit better, and each section needs to have the levels automated, but other than that, let me know what you think.

Thanks!

:D

Last edited:
Hey man...to me, the snare seems a bit loud, compared to the vox. It has a good snap, just a tad loud. Toms don't seem bad, at least in my opinion. I think the snare is about the only real "glitch". It's just loud in comparison. Bass seems to sit pretty well. It gets lost some, but it is probably just me focusing on the snare. :D

Nice job man......
Ed

Nice tune, moves right along. The lead guitar is pretty dominant so panning it out so far makes it seem a little lopsided. I'd try it more centered like you would normally a bass and then pan for effect more than balance.

I would have the bass, come out a bit more, more punch.
maybe somemore bassdrum, tighten it up a bit in the bottom.

Good clean sounds on all instruments.
Good recording.

Imho the vox is loud enough.

I think the el guitar and the acc guitar, is fighting a bit in the soundscape, maybe give the el gitar some more punch in the middle, and remove some on the acc :confused:

Just suggestions though, sounds better than anything I`ve recorded.

great work man, thanks for sharing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back