Need serious help, because i think i lost my mind

So, i mixed this track, and its somehow just somehing i was doing for fun

Anyways, when i showed to some people the final result they all complained how it was lacking of mid and high freq ( is it some kind of trend?) and that i should boost then
It says that my bass is weird and that you can barely hear itself, only the sub

So, i did what people asked, and i think my track got even worst, too much forced maybe, but now i think that is "dirty", wich is quite not too far from the idea, but still... but everyone prefered that way
I think that our culture is addtic to mid and high frequencies :D

Anyways, i would be glad if someone could listen to the track and then compare with the short sample of the new version where i boost the freequencies
dont need to hear the whole track :D , its long, and its instrumental, i just need some professional advices on the mixing and etc
i am really desparated, and i think that this track could be lost :eek:

Here is the link
http://www.soundlift.com/band/music.php?id=105669

The first version is called "Lost Temple"
The short sample is the "Teste" one

Thanks so much in advance :)

I'm sorry man, I know nothing that would be useful in the way of advice on the mixing.

But I dig the tunes, if that's any help. Sounds like something you would hear walking down into some kind of chamber. Very good work.

guitarmonkus said:
I'm sorry man, I know nothing that would be useful in the way of advice on the mixing.

But I dig the tunes, if that's any help. Sounds like something you would hear walking down into some kind of chamber. Very good work.

Don need to be sorry, thats very helpfull :)
The fact you liked the tune is a very good sign :rolleyes: :D
Thanks

I am glad you enjoyed :)

just listened to both, and i see what youre saying about the second one...

........now im DEFINITELY no expert at mixing/ANYTHING really haha, but i do have ears...

i really didnt think anything was "wrong" with the first one at all... maybe just a TAD bit lacking those frequencies... maybe if you were to do only half (or less) of the "tweaking" you did on the second one...

the tweaked one sounds a bit harsh to me... it brought out that "buzz" sound to a level which makes it sound unpleasant to the ears if you will...

but all in all, i dont think that you needed to really do much, in terms of tweaking the EQ, (thats all i was listening for) maybe just a TAD bit more of mids and highs... good stuff though.

and keep in mind... like i said before, this is just my untrained opinion... i dont have any "credentials" to be giving any real advice, but thats just how i hear it... hope that helped :D

-joe

The first version is already very good. Nice effects, I like the beat and sounds/samples.
I have to agree with whjr15, I found the second version harsh on the mids/highs......

Thanks everyone

I end up deleting that new version. Was indeed too harsh, so i will settle down with the first one :D
Thanks for he help

Back